Junos Intrusion Prevention System Functionality
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring the IPS aspects of SRX Series devices.
- Describe general types of intrusions and network penetration steps.
- Describe how to access the SRX Series Services Gateways with IPS functionality for configuration and management.
- Configure the SRX Series Services Gateways for IPS functionality.
- Define and describe terminology which comprises Juniper Networks IPS functionality.
- Describe the steps that the IPS engine takes when inspecting packets.
- Describe the components of IPS rules and rulebases.
- Explain the types of signature-based attacks.
- Describe the uses of custom signatures and how to configure them.
- Explain how scanning can be used to gather information about target networks.
- Configure screens to block various scan types.
- Describe commonly used evasion techniques and how to block them.
- Describe denial of service (DoS) and distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks.
- Explain the mechanisms available on the SRX Series device to detect and block DoS and DDoS attacks.
- Configure screens to block DoS and DDoS attacks.
- Describe the reporting capabilities available for IPS functionality.
- Explain the terms and concepts related to intrusion prevention.
- Describe the basic functions and features available on the SRX Series platform that provide IPS functionality.
- Configure fundamental IPS features and functions on an SRX240 device.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Overview of IPS Functionality
- Reasons for Network Attacks
- Categories of Attacks
- Anatomy of an Attack
- IPS Mechanisms on SRX Series Devices
Chapter 3: Initial Device Configuration
- Deployment Options for IPS Functionality
- Management Options
- Network Settings
- Preparing the SRX Series Device for IPS Features
Chapter 4: IPS Terminology and Concepts
- Terminology Overview
- Attack Objects
- IPS Rulebase Details
- Rule Match Conditions
- Rule Actions
- Terminal Rules
- IP Actions
- Terminology Review
- IPS Traffic Flow
Lab 4: Exempt Rulebase
Lab 5: Rule Actions
Chapter 5: IPS Attack Objects
- IPS Rules and Rulebases
- Attack Objects
- Custom Signatures
Chapter 6: Scanning and Reconnaissance
- Overview of Scanning
- Types of Scans
- IPS Scan Prevention
- FIN Scans
- IP Spoofing
- IP Source Routing Options
- DoS and DDoS Attacks
- Mechanisms for Blocking DoS and DDoS
Lab 8: Denial of Service
Chapter 8: Reporting
- NSM Reports
- Junos Syslog and Operational Commands
- Basic networking knowledge, an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and an understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course, the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course, and the Junos Security (JSEC) course, or you must have equivalent experience prior to attending this class.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.