Introduction to 802.1X Operations for Cisco Security Professionals - 802.1X v1.0
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
The goal of the course is to provide students with foundational knowledge in the capabilities and functions of the IEEE 802.1X protocol and the ability to configure the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for 802.1X operation.
The course will introduce the architecture, components, and features of a Cisco TrustSec network designed around the IEEE 802.1X and RADIUS protocols.
The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring a network for 802.1X-based network servicesusing the Cisco ISE, Cisco Catalyst switches, and Cisco wireless products.
To participate in the hands-on labs in this class, you need to bring a laptop computer with the following:
- Windows 7 or 8.1 or 10 is recommended. Mac OSX 10.6 or greater is supported as well.
- Intel Celeron or better processors are preferred.
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 10 or greater or Mozilla Firefox. (Safari and Mozilla Firefox for Mac OSX)
- All students are required to have administrator rights to their PCs and cannot be logged in to a domain using any Group Policies that will limit their machine's capabilities.
- If you do not have administrator rights to your PC, you at least need permissions to download, install, and run Cisco Any Connect Client and Java.
- If you are participating in a WebEx event, it is highly recommended to take this class at a location that has bandwidth speeds at a minimum of 1 Mbps bandwidth speeds.
- All PCs require the latest Java Runtime Environment, which can be downloaded from www.java.com.
- If you have any questions or issues with meeting the requirements listed above, please contact us at [email protected] and provide the class name to which you are attending and we will be more than happy to help.
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Cisco Channel Partner systems engineers and field engineers that are seeking to meet the education requirements to attain Authorized Technology Provider (ATP) authorization to sell Cisco ISE.
- Security architects, design engineers, and others seeking hands-on experience with Cisco TrustSec 802.1X deployments with Cisco ISE.
- Describe identity-based networking concepts and components
- Define the components and processes of port-based authentication
- Identify the 802.1X components and their interrelation at a high level
- Identify requirements and options for non-supplicant devices
- Position individual components of an 802.1X network and identify compatibilities
Module 1: Cisco TrustSec
- Lesson 1: Surveying Cisco TrustSec
- Lesson 2: Surveying Cisco TrustSec Architecture Components
- Lesson 1: Surveying the IEEE 802.1X Standard
- Lesson 2: Surveying 802.1X and EAP
- Lesson 3: Describing the Role of RADIUS in EAP Communications
- Lesson 1: Identifying 802.1X Components and Topologies
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ISE for 802.1X
- Lesson 3: Configuring Network Devices for 802.1X
- Lesson 4: Configuring Supplicants for 802.1X Operation
- Lesson 1: Configuring Cisco TrustSec for Non-Supplicant Devices
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco WebAuth for Non-Supplicant Devices
- Lesson 1: Identifying Component Compatibilities with 802.1X
- Lesson 2: Reviewing 802.1X Design Considerations That Impact Implementation
- Lesson 3: Reviewing Scalable 802.1X Architectures
- Lab 1-0: Accessing the Lab Equipment
- Lab 1-1: Configuring Cisco ISE, Switch, WLC, and Clients
- Lab 2-1: Configuring Authentication Using Web Authentication
- Case Study: Designing an End-to-End High-Level Cisco TrustSec Network with Cisco ISE and 802.1X
This section lists the skills and knowledge that learners must possess to benefit fully from the course. This section includes recommended Cisco learning offerings that the learners may complete to benefit fully from this course, including the following:
- Cisco CCNA
- Attendance of Securing Networks with Routers and Switches (SNRS) or equivalent knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
- Knowledge of Cisco wireless LAN controllers and lightweight access points
- Knowledge of basic command-line configuration of Cisco Catalyst switches
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.