Conducting Cisco Unified Wireless Site Survey Version 2.0
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
The CUWSS Version 2.0 course update offers a new perspective on wireless site surveys. You will learn how to conduct a wireless side survey from beginning to end, from customer first contact to post-deployment reports. You will learn how to conduct walk-throughs, identify difficult areas and optimize the survey process to provide a better AP-to-coverage ratio. You will also learn how to survey for 802.11n coverage, and use test tools to evaluate the performances of a wireless network.
Who should attend
This course is intended for:
Conducting Cisco Unified Wireless Site Survey (CUWSS) v2.0 is a five day instructor-led course, designed to help you prepare for the CCNP Wireless certification, a professional-level certification.
Who should attend
- Network engineers
- Test engineers
- Network administrators
- Network managers
- Mid-level wireless support engineers
- Network designers
- Project managers
Course ObjectivesUpon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the requirements necessary for preparing for a site survey
- Describe the requirements necessary for planning a site survey
- Perform a site survey for data, voice, and location applications
- Determine the placement of the access points for data, voice, and location applications
- Assess the deployment of the WLAN
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1 Collect Information for the Site Survey
- Identifying Customer Requirements
- Identifying Site Survey Requirements for Different Vertical Industries
- Designing coverage for specific applications and client devices
- Designing outdoor coverage
- Identifying Regulatory Issues
- Identifying Safety and Aesthetic Requirements
Module 2 Prepare and Plan for the Site Survey
- Conducting a kickoff meeting
- Conducting an Initial walkthrough
- Specifying the Tools Necessary to Complete a Site Survey
- Choosing the hardware for the deployment and the Site Survey
- Choosing the right antennas for the deployment and the Site Survey
- Finalizing Logistical Considerations
Module 3: Conduct the Site Survey
- Estimating the AP number and density using a planning tool
- Conducting a Layer 1 Site Survey
- Conducting a Layer 2 Site Survey for Data
- Conducting a Layer 2 Site Survey for Voice and Video Applications
- Conducting a Layer 2 Site Survey for Location
Module 4: Design the RF Network
- Determining the Infrastructure hardware Requirements for the WLAN
- Determining the effect of WLAN on the infrastructure
- Determining the WLAN Equipment and Licenses
- Designing the outdoor mesh network
Module 5: Assess the Deployment
- Verifying WLAN Readiness
- Verifying the RF Coverage onsite.
- Verifying the RF Performance.
- Verifying mesh Performance.
- Presenting an Installation Report
The knowledge and skills you must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1, Version 2.0 (ICND1)
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2, Version 2.0 (ICND2)
- Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials Version 2.0 (IUWNE)
It is also recommended that you have a basic knowledge of the following:
- Cisco Lifecycle Services
- Wireless standards (IEEE)
- Wireless regulator environment (FCC, ETSI, and so on)
- Wireless certification organization (Wi-Fi Alliance)
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.