Introducing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
Introducing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode (DCINX9K) is a 2-day hands-on course that focuses on deployment and operations of the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches. Participants will learn how to configure and manage Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches using the NX-OS CLI, Python scripts, bash shell, NX-API, and OpenFlow.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Data center engineers, data center administrators, and system engineers
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Data center managers, network engineers, and consulting system engineers
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Cisco products that address market trends in the data center.
- Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switch hardware components.
- Hardware architecture of modular chassis, modular chassis line cards, and fixed configuration in the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switch.
- Features offered in NX-OS available on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches.
- Configure VXLAN features on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the programmability, automation, and management features available on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches.
- Common topology options for configuring Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches.
- Benefits of adopting Cisco ACI fabric mode on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches.
Follow On Courses
- Configuring Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in ACI Mode (DCAC9K)
Module 1: Describing the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series NX-OS Mode Solution
- Describe trends in data center network programmability, software defined networking and virtualization
- Describe the individual components of the Nexus 9000 solution
- Describe the benefits of NXOS enhancements
Module 2: Describing Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Hardware
- Describe the following on Cisco Nexus 9500:
- Supervisor modules
- System controllers
- Fans and power supplies
- Fabric modules
- Line card modules
- Cisco Nexus 9300 switches
- Cisco Nexus 9000 FEX support
- Describe 40GE and 100GE Networking in the Data Center
- List the optics supported by the Cisco Nexus 9000 family
Module 3: Describing Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Hardware Architecture
- Architecture of the Cisco Nexus 9500 Modular Switches
- Architecture of the Cisco Nexus 9500 Line Card Modules
- Describe Packet Forwarding in the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Architecture of the Cisco Nexus 9300 Switches
Module 4: Describing Cisco Nexus Operating System
- Components of NX-OS
- High-Availability Features of Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Management features of the Cisco Nexus 9000 switch family
Module 5: Configuring VXLAN on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe the use of Network Overlays in Data Center Design
- VXLAN Control-Plane Operation
- VXLAN Data-Plane Operation
- Configure VXLAN on the Cisco Nexus 9500 Series Switches
Module 6: Describing Network Programmability and Automation
- Programming features on Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Automation features on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe monitoring features on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
Module 7: Describing Topology Options for Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Traditional Data Center Topologies on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Spine and Leaf Topologies on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Overlay Topologies on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
Module 8: Describing the Cisco ACI Fabric
- Concepts of the Cisco ACI Fabric
- Components of Cisco ACI Fabric
- Benefits of Using the Cisco ACI Fabric
- Advanced Services of Cisco ACI Fabric
- Lab 1: Configure Initial Settings on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Lab 2: Configure VXLAN
- Lab 3: Configure NX-API
- Lab 4: Execute Python Scripts on the Local Switch
- Lab 5: Execute Python Scripts on Remote Switches
- Lab 6: Execute Python Through a Web Interface
- Lab 7: Deploy a Patch Using Chef
- Good understanding of networking protocols, routing, and switching:
- Recommended CCNA Certification
- Recommended attendance of Implementing Cisco IP Routing v2.0 (ROUTE)
- Recommended attendance of Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks v2.0 (SWITCH)
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.