DCX - Juniper Networks Data Center Switching (DCX)
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
All Course Dates are Guaranteed to Run!
This two-day course is designed to introduce QFX5100 features including, but not limited to, Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP), unified in-service software upgrade (ISSU), multichassis link aggregation (MC-LAG), Mixed Virtual Fabric, and Virtual Chassis Fabric (VCF). Students will learn to configure and monitor these features that exist on the Junos operating system running on the QFX5100 and EX4300 Series platform.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience configuring, monitoring, and analyzing the features of the Junos OS.
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring switching features that exist on the Junos OS running on the QFX5100 and EX4300 Series platforms, including individuals in professional services, sales and support organizations, and the end users.
Course Level: Data Center Switching (DCX) is an intermediate-level course.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify current challenges in todayâs data center environments and explain how the QFX5100 system solves some of those challenges.
- List the various models of QFX5100 Series switches.
- List some data center architecture options.
- Explain the purpose and value of ZTP.
- Describe the components and operations of ZTP.
- Deploy a QFX5100 Series switch using ZTP.
- Explain the purpose and value of ISSU.
- Describe the components and operations of ISSU.
- Upgrade a QFX5100 Series switch using ISSU.
- Explain the purpose and value of MC-LAG.
- Describe the components and operations of MC-LAG.
- Implement an MC-LAG on QFX5100 Series switches.
- Describe key concepts and components of a mixed Virtual Chassis.
- Explain the operational details of a mixed Virtual Chassis.
- Implement a mixed Virtual Chassis and verify its operations.
- Describe key concepts and components of a Virtual Chassis Fabric.
- Describe the control plane and forwarding plane of a Virtual Chassis Fabric.
- Describe how to use the CLI to configure and monitor a Virtual Chassis Fabric.
- Describe how to provision a Virtual Chassis Fabric using nonprovisioning, preprovisioning, and autoprovisioning.
- Describe the software requirements and upgrade procedure of Virtual Chassis Fabric.
- Describe how to manage a Virtual Chassis Fabric with Junos Space.
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: System Overview
- Data Center Challenges
- Addressing the Challenges with QFX5100 Series Switches
- Architectures and Features
- Understanding Zero Touch Provisioning
- ZTP in Action: A Working Example
- Lab 1: Zero Touch Provisioning
- Understanding ISSU on QFX5100 Series Switches
- ISSU in Action: A Working Example
- Lab 2: In-Service Software Upgrade
- MC-LAG Overview
- MC-LAG Operations
- Deploying MC-LAGs
- Lab 3: MC-LAG
- Overview of Mixed Virtual Chassis
- Provisioning a Mixed Virtual Chassis
- Software Requirements and Upgrades
- Configuring and Monitoring a Mixed Virtual Chassis
- Lab 4: Mixed Virtual Chassis
- Overview of Virtual Chassis Fabric
- Control and Forwarding Plane
- Module 8: Virtual Chassis Fabric Management
- Managing a Virtual Chassis Fabric Using the CLI
- Dynamically Provisioning a Virtual Chassis Fabric
- Preprovisioning and Autoprovisioning a Virtual Chassis Fabric
- Software Requirements and Upgrades
- Managing a Virtual Chassis Fabric with Space
- Lab 5: Virtual Chassis Fabric
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
- Understanding of the OSI model
- Junos OS configuration experience and the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course or equivalent
- Intermediate routing knowledge and the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course or equivalent
- Intermediate switching knowledge and the Junos Enterprise Switching using Enhanced Layer 2 Software (JEX-ELS) course or equivalent.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.