Implementing Cisco Quality of Service (QOS) v2.x (QOS)
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Duration: 5
- Language: English
More About This Course
- Train Anywhere, Your Home, Office, Or Training Center
- Hands on Computer Labs Accessible 24/7
- Virtual Classrooms With Robust Interactive Environment
- Prepares You For Exams And Valuable Microsoft Certifications
- Version Upgrade Guarantee - Substantial Discounts For Upgraded Courses Within 9 Months of Purchase
- Corporate Resource Guarantee - Protect Your Company Sponsored Training Investment For 1 Year
- Software Assurance Qualified - Value: 5
Case studies and lab exercises included in the course help learners to apply the concepts mastered in individual modules to real-life scenarios. The course also gives learners design and usage rules for various advanced QoS features and the integration of QoS with underlying Layer 2 QoS mechanisms. This gives learners the opportunity to design and implement efficient, optimal, and trouble-free multiservice networks.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to identify, describe, and correctly implement the appropriate QoS mechanisms that are required to create an effective administrative policy providing QoS.
This course helps students prepare for QoS Exam #642-642.
Pre- and post-sales technical engineers responsible for designing, implementing, or troubleshooting networks, network architects responsible for designing multiservice networks to carry voice, video, and data traffic in an enterprise or service provider environment, and CCIP & CCVP candidates will benefit from this course.
- Explain the need to implement QoS and explain methods for implementing and managing QoS.
- Identify and describe different models used for ensuring QoS in a network and explain key QoS mechanisms used to implement the models.
- Explain the use of MQC and AutoQoS to implement QoS on the network.
- Classify and mark network traffic to implement a policy defining QoS requirements.
- Use Cisco QoS queuing mechanisms to manage network congestion.
- Use Cisco QoS congestion avoidance mechanisms to reduce the effects of congestion on the network.
- Use Cisco QoS traffic policing and traffic shaping mechanisms to effectively limit the rate of network traffic.
- Use Cisco link efficiency mechanisms to improve the bandwidth efficiency of a low-speed WAN links.
- Select the most appropriate QoS mechanisms for providing QoS using Cisco best practices in service provider and enterprise networks.
- Module 1: Introduction to QoS 2.3
- Module 2: The Building Blocks of QoS
- Module 3: Introduction to Modular QoS CLI and AutoQoS
- Module 4: Classification and Marking
- Module 5: Congestion Management
- Module 6: Congestion Avoidance
- Module 7: Traffic Policing and Shaping
- Module 8: Link Efficiency Mechanisms
- Module 9: QoS Best Practices
To fully benefit from this course, students should have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
- Completion of ICND1 and ICND2 or Cisco CCNA certification
BGP or equivalent is recommended because some BGP background is assumed
Subject Matter Expert
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.