Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Edge Network Services
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
The Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Edge Network Services (SPEDGE) v1.2 course is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP SP certification. The SPEDGE course is a component of the CCNP SP curriculum.
The SPEDGE course is designed to provide service provider professionals with information on the use of service provider VPN solutions. The goal is to train professionals to enable service provider point of presence to provide Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs. The SPEDGE training reinforces the instruction by providing students with hands-on labs to ensure that they thoroughly understand how to implement VPNs within their networks.
The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS or IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR features to operate and support service provider network.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network administrators, network engineers, network managers, and systems engineers who would like to implement MPLS VPN service in their networks.
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- This course is intended for network designers and project managers. This course is also recommended to all individuals preparing for Cisco CCNP SP certification.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the VPN technologies that are used in the service provider environment and the MPLS VPN peer-to-peer architecture
- Describe the implementation steps that are needed to provide MPLS Layer 3 VPN service in the service provider network
- Describe how the MPLS Layer 3 VPN model can be used to implement managed services and Internet access
- Describe MPLS solutions for IPv6 and interdomain communication.
- Describe Layer 2 VPNs and Ethernet services
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: VPN Technologies
- Introducing VPNs
- Introducing MPLS VPNs
Module 2: MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Implementing MPLS Layer 3 VPN Backbones
- Deploying Basic Routing in MPLS VPNs
- Deploying OSPF and BGP in MPLS VPNs
Module 3: Special Connectivity in MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Implementing Special Connectivity in MPLS VPNs
- Implementing Internet Access in MPLS VPNs
Module 4: MPLS IPv6 and Interdomain Solutions
- Deploying IPv6 in an MPLS Environment
- Introducing MPLS Interdomain Solutions
Module 5: Layer 2 VPNs
- Introducing Layer 2 VPNs
- Implementing AToM
- Implementing VPLS
- Enhancing Layer 2 VPN Scalability
- Implement MPLS Layer 3 VPN Backbones
- Connect MPLS VPN Sites via Static, RIP, and EIGRP
- Connect MPLS VPN Sites via BGP and OSPF
- Overlapping and Common Services VPNs
- Internet Connectivity in MPLS VPNs
- Implement 6VPE
- Implement CSC
- Implement EoMPLS
- Implement VPLS
- Enhance Layer 2 VPN Scalability
The knowledge and skills that you must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR Software configuration.
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in these courses:
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE)
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Network Routing (SPADVROUTE)
- Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Core Network Services (SPCORE)
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.