Filemaker Pro 13 Advanced
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
- Solution Logic: Calculations
- Solution Logic: Scripting
- Begin your journey of building solid business solutions by learning the steps of planning, creating and deploying successful solutions on the FileMaker Platform. This section gives you an introduction to the foundation and design phase when starting a new project and the key principles to consider for any project such as user experience, building for different devices, and performance.
- Gain practical skills required to define FileMaker Pro 13 data tables and fields. Learn how to construct different types of data relationships, ensure data integrity, and implement multiple-table solutions. Cover important topics such as data types and options for auto-entry, validation, field storage and indexing. Plus, learn how to manage images and other objects in container fields.
- Learn how to work efficiently and effectively with layouts, an essential skill for any developer. For solutions accessed by mobile, desktop, and web users, layouts can be tailored to take full advantage of the specific environment, providing for a great user experience. The lessons in this module explore different types of layout objects and the tools and methods for controlling them.
- Learn how functions work in the calculation engine and how to apply them in various contexts. Study how custom functions are built and how to use them in database solutions. Lessons also include the set of functions that are especially useful when developing for the mobile user. And discover new functionality in FileMaker Pro 13 for accessing metadata stored with container field data.
- Explore the power of the scripting in FileMaker Pro 13, which allows you to create scripted routines that can then be triggered in a variety of ways. Learn about a number of scripting tools that make it easier to write and troubleshoot scripts, as well as best practices for writing scripts, and scripting for the mobile user. Learn how to build navigation and window controls, create custom menus, and study logical branching and looping routines.
- Practice creating reports in FileMaker Pro 13 using a variety of techniques. Explore basic and advanced sub-summary reports and learn how to build a cross-tab report (with data-driven columns). And see how the ExecuteSQL function can be extremely useful for creating reports and charts with its ability to quickly find, sort and even aggregate data.
- Become familiar with the security controls in FileMaker Pro and their relevance to FileMaker Go, FileMaker WebDirect, and Custom Web Publishing. Study the account-based security features of FileMaker Pro 13, and learn how to implement privilege sets, tie access to database solutions to external authentication servers, control both access and authoring rights to systems, and extend security controls with scripting. Learn how to encrypt FileMaker files and network communication and why doing this is important.
- Understand the various techniques for a deploying a FileMaker solution, with particular considerations for the new FileMaker WebDirect technology, as well as considerations specific to FileMaker Go. Get best practices for installing and configuring FileMaker Server, and learn how to trigger scripts from FileMaker Pro as well as operating system scripts from FileMaker Server.
- Learn how to integrate FileMaker Pro 13 with SQL systems, both through ODBC connections and with the External SQL Data Source capabilities. Discover how the integration of FileMaker with web services opens up a wealth of possibilities for your FileMaker solutions. Review configuration processes and learn to use other data systems in tandem with your FileMaker Pro databases.
To ensure the successful completion of Filemaker Pro 13 Advanced, we recommend completion of the FileMaker Pro 13 Introduction Course.
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.