Filemaker Pro 13 Introduction
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
- The FileMaker Platform
- Navigate a FileMaker solution
- View and modify data in a solution
- Find and sort data in a solution
- Planning a solution to solve the right problems
- Import data into a FileMaker solution
- Create tables, fields, and relationships for your data
- Use themes, styles, guides and other FileMaker design tools
- Create interfaces for iOS devices
- Create efficient interfaces for the user
- Calculations, Scripting and Reporting
- Integration with other business systems
- Sharing and deployment of your solution to other users
- Learn how the products in the FileMaker Platform work together. Identify requirements for building, assessing, and hosting FileMaker solutions, and compare and contrast FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go. See what pre-built templates, or Starter Solutions, come with FileMaker Pro and how you can start using them right away. Plus, understand the capabilities of FileMaker Pro Advanced, and read about real-world use cases.
- Learn how to navigate layouts and understand different ways to view and edit your data. Perform complex finds, extend and constrain found sets, make use of operators in your search criteria, and practice ways to sort data in a solution.
- Identify the steps to a good design process as well as the basic principles for starting a project. Identify common file formats that can be converted by FileMaker Pro 13. Begin building your own practice solution by importing data from Excel.
- Create fields and tables using key features such as the Manage Database Dialog and the Field Picker. Get a basic overview of relational design such as one-to-many and many-to-many relationships so you can reduce the need to enter the same data multiple times or in multiple places.
- Learn the importance of good user interface design and best practices when creating solutions for iOS devices. Experiment with applying styles and themes in layouts to create a visually attractive user interface. Get familiar with placing objects on a layout, and use the grids, guides and stencils tools available in FileMaker Pro to create a uniform and consistent interface. Add functionality to your practice solution by creating a portal, tab control, panel control, popover and Web Viewer.
- Learn the basics of calculations, scripting and reporting in FileMaker Pro 13 through step-by-step activities building your own practice solution. Then find out how FileMaker Pro can integrate with other business systems. And finally, get introduced to the built-in security capabilities and learn about the methods of sharing and deploying a solution to other users.
To ensure the successful completion of Filemaker Pro 13 Introduction, we recommend completion of one of the following courses, or equivalent knowledge:Familiarity with the basic functions of their computerâs operating system. Students should also have the basic word processing and office productivity skills.
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.