This course is designed for students who wish to learn the basic operations of the Microsoft Access database application to perform their day-to-day responsibilities, and to understand the advantages that using a relational database application can bring to their business processes.
The Level 1 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include designing and creating new databases, tables, and relationships; creating and maintaining records; locating records; and producing reports based on the information in the database.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine the basic database concepts and explore the Microsoft Office
- Design a simple database.
- Build a new database with related tables.
- Manage data in a table.
- Query a database using different methods.
- Design forms.
- Generate reports.
- Topic 1A: Examine Database Concepts
- Topic 1B: Explore the User Interface
- Topic 1C: Use an Existing Access Database
- Topic 1D: Customize the Access Environment
- Topic 1E: Obtain Help
- Topic 2A: Describe the Relational Database Design Process
- Topic 2B: Define Database Purpose
- Topic 2C: Review Existing Data
- Topic 2D: Determine Fields
- Topic 2E: Group Fields into Tables
- Topic 2F: Normalize Data
- Topic 2G: Designate Primary and Foreign Keys
- Topic 2H: Determine Table Relationships
- Topic 3A: Create a New Database
- Topic 3B: Create a Table
- Topic 3C: Manage Tables
- Topic 3D: Create a Table Relationship
- Topic 3E: Save a Database as a Previous Version
- Topic 4A: Modify Table Data
- Topic 4B: Sort Records
- Topic 4C: Work with Subdatasheets
- Topic 5A: Filter Records
- Topic 5B: Create a Query
- Topic 5C: Add Criteria to a Query
- Topic 5D: Add a Calculated Field to a Query
- Topic 5E: Perform Calculations on a Record Grouping
- Topic 6A: View Data Using an Access Form
- Topic 6B: Create a Form
- Topic 6C: Modify the Design of a Form
- Topic 7A: View an Access Report
- Topic 7B: Create a Report
- Topic 7C: Add a Custom Calculated Field to a Report
- Topic 7D: Format the Controls in a Report
- Topic 7E: Apply an AutoFormat Style to a Report
- Topic 7F: Prepare a Report for Print
Students should have completed the following courses or possess equivalent knowledge before starting this course:
- Windows 2000: Introduction
- Windows XP: Introduction
- Windows XP: Level 1
- Windows XP: Level 2
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.