"This course is aimed at the excel user who already knows the basics of Excel 2007. This course will help you to go beyond the basics - to reach a higher-intermediate level. With shortcuts, tricks and tips - you will be able to work smarter and faster.
If you want to be fairly competent on the software, then this course will be very handy. Its a lot quicker to be shown things, then to try and muddle through and work things out by yourself. Guaranteed, there'll be some items which we cover, that you have no idea that Excel was capable of doing!
We do not want you to spend a day of your life in the classroom... learn 99 quick and very useful, practical things which you can apply on your job or on your projects.
We will cover:
- Working with Data - using series, symbols and special characters, hide rows and freeze panels
- Formulas and Functions - Calculate the duration between two dates/times, best loan terms, create conditional formula and conditional sums
- Copying Data - transposing rows into columns and paste specials
- Using Excel lists - sort and filter a list, remove duplicate records, count filtered records, look up information in a list
- Data Patterns - Pivot tables, pivot charts, what-if analysis
- Creating charts - histogram, trendlines, piecharts, error bars
- Presenting data - formatting columns and numbers
- Saving and printing worksheets - printing multiple worksheets, area, cell ranges, repeat headings of a row or column
- Extending excel - hyperlinks, embed a chart, importing a worksheet
- Customizing Excel - custom workspace, custom view, macros
The target audience is those who have a basic level with Excel and want to learn other handy functions and features. We use Excel 2007 only in this course. If you have Excel 2003, this course will be difficult to follow as although the functions and features exist in 2003, the layout changed very dramatically between the two versions. Excel 2007 isn't too dissimilar from 2010.
Where necessary, we provide a spreadsheet - but as long as you have Excel 2007, you'll be able to copy and do exactly what you see on the screen by pausing the video and following along.
The course will take approx 7.5 hours to complete.
Take this course if you want to take your basic understanding of Excel to a higher intermediate-level."
- This is for those who are beginners in Excel and want to take it further to higher intermediate level - using Excel 2007
- You should know the ""basics"" in Excel and we take it from near-beginner, to higher intermediate
- Section 1: Introduction to the course and your tutor
- Section 2: Data
- Section 3: Formulas and Functions
- Section 4: Copying Data, Formats etc.,
- Section 5: Lists
- Section 6: Data Patterns
- Section 7: Creating Charts
- Section 8: Worksheets
- Section 9: Saving and Printing Worksheets
- Section 10: Extending Excel
- Section 11: Customizing Excel
- Section 12: Next steps
Students will need to have Excel 2007 installed, as this is the system used in the teaching
Subject Matter Expert
"Lisa Newton BA MSc FMAAT has a masters degree in Investment Management and a first class honours degree in Accounting with Marketing. She formed her first company in 2004 with £150 in the same month of graduating from City University, London UK. Lisa has never had a full time 9 to 5 job in her life. She's a serial entrepreneur and author who holds directorships in various industries including telecoms, software, hair & beauty as well as finance. She has won various awards in Business including: Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2007 and in 2008 Enterprising Business Award and has been nominated and shortlisted in numerous others. In 2011 and in 2012 one of her companies won Best Accounting Franchisor Award.
Lisa's books include: How to write a book in two weeks, Constant Cashflow, Make the most of your money, How to start your own bookkeeping business, Cosmic ordering with Vision Boards and Quickbooks Online The Handbook. Some of the books are in audio-format on itunes and audible.
Lisa supports the charity The MS Society. A speaker, coach, consultant and an avid networker, Lisa enjoys meeting people and working on projects with like-minded individuals.
In her spare time, Lisa likes traveling, dancing salsa, writing books, learning languages, meditation and cosmic ordering."
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.