Word processing is the use of computers to create, revise, and save documents for printing and future retrieval. This course is the first in a series of three MicrosoftÂ® Office Word 2007 courses. It will provide you with the basic concepts required to produce basic business documents.
This course is intended for individuals who want to gain basic knowledge of working on Word. Individuals who want to pursue Microsoft Certified Application Specialist certification in Microsoft Office Word 2007 can also take this course.
You will create, edit, and enhance standard business documents using MicrosoftÂ® Office Word 2007.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create a basic document by using Microsoft Word.
- edit documents by locating and modifying text.
- format text.
- format paragraphs.
- add tables to a document.
- add graphic elements to a document.
- control a document's page setup and its overall appearance.
- proof documents to make them more accurate.
Lesson 1: Creating a Basic Document
- Topic 1A: Explore the User Interface
- Topic 1B: Open and View a Document
- Topic 1C: Customize the Word Environment
- Topic 1D: Obtain Help
- Topic 1E: Enter Text
- Topic 1F: Save a Document
- Topic 1G: Preview and Print a Document
- Topic 2A: Navigate and Select Text in a Document
- Topic 2B: Insert, Delete, or Rearrange Text
- Topic 2C: Undo Changes
- Topic 2D: Search and Replace Text
- Topic 3A: Change Font Appearance
- Topic 3B: Highlight Text
- Topic 4A: Set Tabs to Align Text
- Topic 4B: Control Paragraph Layout
- Topic 4C: Add Borders and Shading
- Topic 4D: Apply Styles
- Topic 4E: Create Lists
- Topic 4F: Manage Formatting
- Topic 5A: Create a Table
- Topic 5B: Modify the Table Structure
- Topic 5C: Format a Table
- Topic 5D: Convert Text to a Table or Tables to Text
- Topic 6A: Add Visual Effects Using Symbols and Special Characters
- Topic 6B: Insert Illustrations
- Topic 7A: Control Page Layout
- Topic 7B: Apply a Page Border and Color
- Topic 7C: Add Watermarks
- Topic 7D: Add Headers and Footers
- Topic 8A: Check Spelling, Grammar and Word Count
- Topic 8B: Enhance Textual Meaning Using the Thesaurus
- Topic 8C: Customize AutoCorrect Options
Students should be familiar with using personal computers and have used a mouse and keyboard.
You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on your computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Students should have completed the following courses or possess equivalent knowledge before starting with this course:
- Windows XP Professional: Level 1
- Windows XP Professional: Level 2
- Windows XP: Introduction
- Windows 2000: Introduction
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.