These days, most people take electronic word-processing for granted. While we may still write out our grocery lists with pen and paper, we expect to use a computer to create the majority of our documents. It's impossible to avoid word-processing software in many areas of the business world. Managers, lawyers, clerks, reporters, and editors rely on this software to do their jobs. Whether you are an executive secretary or a website designer, you'll need to know the ins and outs of electronic word-processing. Microsoft Word 2013 is designed to help you move smoothly through the task of creating professional-looking documents. Its rich features and powerful tools can make your work easy, and even fun. In this course, you'll learn how to use Word 2013 to create and edit simple documents; format documents; add tables and lists; add design elements and layout options; and proof documents. You can also use this course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exams for Microsoft Word 2013.
This course is intended for students who want to learn basic Word 2013 skills, such as creating, editing, and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
- Topic A: Identify the Components of the Word Interface
- Topic B: Create a Word Document
- Topic C: Help
- Topic A: Navigate and Select Text
- Topic B: Modify Text
- Topic C: Find and Replace Text
- Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
- Topic B: Align Text Using Tabs
- Topic C: Display Text as List Items
- Topic D: Control Paragraph Layout
- Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
- Topic F: Apply Styles
- Topic G: Manage Formatting
- Topic A: Insert a Table
- Topic B: Modify a Table
- Topic C: Format a Table
- Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
- Topic A: Sort a List
- Topic B: Renumber a List
- Topic C: Customize a List
- Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Topic B: Add Images to a Document
- Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Color
- Topic B: Add a Watermark
- Topic C: Add Headers and Footers
- Topic D: Control Page Layout
- Topic A: Check Spelling and Grammar
- Topic B: Other Proofing Tools
- Topic C: Check Accessibility
- Topic A: Customize the Word Interface
- Topic B: Additional Save Options
To ensure success, students should be familiar with using personal computers, and should have experience using a keyboard and mouse. Students should be comfortable in the Windows 8 environment, and be able to use Windows 8 to manage information on their computers. Specific tasks the students should be able to perform include: launching and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders. To meet this prerequisite, you can take any one or more of the following courses:
- Using Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 8 Transition from Windows 7
- An introduction to PCs course
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.