After completing the first course in this series, Microsoft Office Word 2013: Part 1, you are now able to perform the basic tasks to create a variety of documents. You probably noticed as you continued working in Word that there are some tasks that you repeat quite often. This course will show you how you can work more efficiently by automating some tasks and providing methods to maintain consistency between documents. You will create more complex documents that include lists, tables, charts, graphics, and newsletter layouts. You will also merge data into documents to personalize correspondence and address envelopes and labels with the data as well. Word can be used to create complex documents that are nearly as complicated as those created using a desktop publishing application. Using Word, you can control how the text flows between paragraphs and pages, you can link a story on page one to the rest of the story later in the document, and you can add graphics and specify how the text and graphic appear together on the page.
In this course, you will expand your knowledge of Microsoft Word. You will work with tables and charts to organize and summarize data. You will use styles and themes to customize the look of your documents. You will add images and custom graphic elements to your documents to graphically show information. You will add building blocks of information and updatable fields to the document to improve efficiency. You will control how text flows around graphics, between paragraphs, and between pages, and use section, page, and column breaks in your documents. You will use templates to maintain consistency between documents. You will use the mail merge feature to customize and personalize content. Finally, you will create and use macros to automate tasks.
- Work with tables and charts.
- Customize formats using styles and themes.
- Use images in a document.
- Create custom graphic elements.
- Insert content using Quick Parts.
- Control text flow.
- Use templates.
- Use mail merge.
- Use macros.
Lesson 1: Working with Tables and Charts
- Topic A: Sort Table Data
- Topic B: Control Cell Layout
- Topic C: Perform Calculations in a Table
- Topic D: Create a Chart
- Topic A: Create and Modify Text Styles
- Topic B: Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Topic C: Apply Document Themes
- Topic A: Resize an Image
- Topic B: Adjust Image Appearance
- Topic C: Integrate Pictures and Text
- Topic D: Insert and Format Screenshots
- Topic E: Insert Video
- Topic A: Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Topic B: Draw Shapes
- Topic C: Add WordArt and Other Text Effects
- Topic D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
- Topic A: Insert Building Blocks
- Topic B: Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Topic C: Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
- Topic A: Control Paragraph Flow
- Topic B: Insert Section Breaks
- Topic C: Insert Columns
- Topic D: Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
- Topic A: Create a Document Using a Template
- Topic B: Create a Template
- Topic A: The Mail Merge Features
- Topic B: Merge Envelopes and Labels
- Topic C: Create a Data Source Using Word
- Topic A: Automate Tasks Using Macros
- Topic B: Create a Macro
To ensure success, students should be comfortable in the Windows 8 environment, and be able to use Windows 8 to manage information on their computers. Specific tasks the students should be able to perform include: opening and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders. Before starting this course, students should have completed the following course or possess the equivalent knowledge:
- Microsoft Office Word 2013: Part 1
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.