Introduction to OHSAS 18001
1 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 1
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Audience: Environmental / Compliance Managers & Consultants, Internal & External Auditors, EMS executioners.
Health and safety in the workplace is an issue that affects all businesses. Implementation of an occupational health and safety system has now been mandated by law in many countries. In order to comply with the legislation and devise a system to ensure a safe environment in the workplace, you should introduce a management system to help reduce the risk of accidents, litigation and downtime. An Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) provides a paradigm for managing OHS responsibilities efficiently and integrating it seamlessly into the overall business operations.
This course is based on the recognized assessment specification OHSAS 18000. Taking this course can reduce risk, help you and your company stay in compliance with legal requirements, and improve overall performance.
Upon completing this course you should be able to:
- Understand the basics of Occupational Health and Safety Management.
- Understand the benefits of OHSAS 18000.
- Understand the relationship between OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
- Develop knowledge about OHSAS 18001.
The course covers the following topics:
- OHSAS 18001 Series
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS)
- OHSMS and an Organization
- Benefits and Implementation of OHSMS / OHSAS 18001
- OHSAS 18001 vs ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Integration of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Risk Assessment & Control
- Structure & Responsibility within OHSMS
- Documentation & Audit
Subject Matter Expert
This course is created and brought to you by 360training, a leading provider of accredited e-learning courses to working professionals through today's leading schools, associations and corporations. 360training's high-quality e-learning courses assist thousands of working professionals in a wide range of disciplines, helping them to succeed in today's marketplace, to renew licenses, to acquire certification or to prepare for a new profession.
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have completed this course. Please return to your My Training Page and print your Certificate of Completion. Be sure to use color ink
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.