30 Hour Construction Safety Certification
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 30
- Language: English
- Credit Type: Certification
- Difficulty: Beginner
This is a certificate course and does not give an Outreach DOL card upon completion. For our Outreach course, which gives the official DOL card, click here.
The 30-hour Construction Safety Certification Training Program is a comprehensive safety program designed for anyone involved in the construction industry, specifically safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors. OSHA recommends safety training programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1926. Construction workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on specific hazards of the job. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a 30-hour Construction Safety Certification Training completion certification and wallet card that can printed instantly.
- Given OSHA historical events and current information, the student will be able to explain the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthful workplace to workers covered by OSHA.
- Locate OSHA Standards references applicable to specific hazardous conditions and practices (Introduction to OSHA Standards)
- Recognize the aspects of 1926 Subpart C (General Safety and Health Provisions)
- Implement preventative measures for accidents in their workplace (Subpart D - Occupational health and Environmental Controls)
- Describe types of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the requirements for use in OSHA standards (Subpart E - Personal Protective Equipment)
- Understand the requirements for fire protection in the workplace (Subpart F - Fire Protection and Prevention)
- Identify types of rigging equipment used to protect employees (Subpart H - Rigging; Subpart N - Cranes and Rigging)
- Identify the critical health and safety hazards of welding and cutting in the construction industry (Subpart J - Welding and Cutting)
- Implement measures for protecting workers and equipment from dangerous falls (Subpart M - Fall Protection)
- Recognize the hazards associated with working in or around excavation sites (Subpart P - Excavations)
- Understand the safety requirements necessary to protect workers around concrete and masonry jobs (Subpart Q - Concrete and Masonry)
- Identify the precautions and hazards to protect workers using explosives or blasting agents (Subpart T - Demolition)
- Protect workers who perform jobs on or around stairways or ladders at worksites (Subpart X - Stairways and Ladders)
- List and describe the hazards and prevalence of confined spaces
- Identify common electrical hazards and related OSHA standards (Subpart K - Electrical Standards)
- Understand the importance of scaffolding for workers in elevated workplaces (Subpart L - Scaffolding)
- How to read Labels - The MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) and Worker Education- including Generic WHMIS and the Employers Duty to provide Workplace Specific Information in relation to the Hazardous Materials in the Workplace- Legislated Responsibilities for the Supplier, Employer, Supervisor and the Worker.- Workers Rights - Right to Know, Right to Participate and the Right to Refuse unsafe work- The Two Types of Labels - Workplace Label and a Supplier Label.- The Safety Data Sheets
30 Hour Construction Safety Certification - OSHACampus.com
Subject Matter Expert
Luis Quintanar is a bilingual safety professional fluent in English, and Spanish conducting over 300 courses, job site specific plans, hazard assessments, job hazard analysis, and regulatory aimed audits for the construction, oil & gas, transportation, energy services and general industries. Luis holds over 300 training certifications.
To reach our Trainer, email us at [email protected]
End of Course Instructions
All quizzes must be passed with a 70% to proceed forward to the next lesson. No quiz can be failed three times, if you fail any quiz or exam three times you will be permanently locked out of the OSHA Outreach Program online and will be forced to complete the course in the classroom.
The final exam must be passed with a 70% to successfully complete the course. If you fail any quiz or exam three times you will be permanently locked out of the OSHA Outreach Program online and will be forced to complete the course in the classroom.
You will find supplementary materials available for download by clicking the "Materials" tab on the menu located within the course player. Other reference materials are available from the OSHA website; please visit http://www.osha.gov/dte/outreach/
To reach our Trainer, email us at [email protected]
Save Big With Group Enrollment
20+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.