30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach
812 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 30
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Audience: Construction Industry Employees
The OSHA 30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training course is a comprehensive safety program designed for anyone involved in the construction industry. Specifically devised for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors this program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues. Students will learn about:
- Hazard recognition
In addition to learning about safety and health hazards in the workplace, students will also learn about OSHA, employer responsibilities, and worker rights. OSHA recommends Outreach Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1926. Employees must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on specific hazards of the job.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA 30-Hour Construction Outreach DOL course completion card within 6-8 weeks. The 30 Hour Construction Outreach course is NOT equivalent to the OSHA 510 or 511 courses and will not meet the course prerequisites to take the OSHA 500 or 501 courses.
- Given OSHA historical events and current information, the student will be able to explain the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthful workplace to workers covered by OSHA.
- Locate OSHA Standards references applicable to specific hazardous conditions and practices (Introduction to OSHA Standards)
- Recognize the aspects of 1926 Subpart C (General Safety and Health Provisions)
- Implement preventative measures for accidents in their workplace (Subpart D - Occupational health and Environmental Controls)
- Describe types of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the requirements for use in OSHA standards (Subpart E - Personal Protective Equipment)
- Understand the requirements for fire protection in the workplace (Subpart F - Fire Protection and Prevention)
- Identify types of rigging equipment used to protect employees (Subpart H - Rigging; Subpart N - Cranes and Rigging)
- Identify the critical health and safety hazards of welding and cutting in the construction industry (Subpart J - Welding and Cutting)
- Implement measures for protecting workers and equipment from dangerous falls (Subpart M - Fall Protection)
- Recognize the hazards associated with working in or around excavation sites (Subpart P - Excavations)
- Understand the safety requirements necessary to protect workers around concrete and masonry jobs (Subpart Q - Concrete and Masonry)
- Identify the precautions and hazards to protect workers using explosives or blasting agents (Subpart T - Demolition)
- Protect workers who perform jobs on or around stairways or ladders at worksites (Subpart X - Stairways and Ladders)
- List and describe the hazards and prevalence of confined spaces
- Identify common electrical hazards and related OSHA standards (Subpart K - Electrical Standards)
- Understand the importance of scaffolding for workers in elevated workplaces (Subpart L - Scaffolding)
- How to read Labels
- The MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) and Worker Education including Generic WHMIS and the Employers Duty to provide Workplace Specific Information in relation to the Hazardous Materials in the Workplace
- Legislated Responsibilities for the Supplier, Employer, Supervisor and the Worker.
- Workers Rights - Right to Know, Right to Participate and the Right to Refuse unsafe work
- The Two Types of Labels - Workplace Label and a Supplier Label.
- The Material Safety Data Sheets
OSHA 30 Hour Outreach Training Program - Construction - Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- (800) 321-OSHA
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 200 Constitution Avenue
Subject Matter Expert
Luis Quintanar is a bilingual safety professional fluent in English, and Spanish conducting over 300 courses, job site specific plans, hazard assessments, job hazard analysis, and regulatory aimed audits for the construction, oil & gas, transportation, energy services and general industries. Luis holds over 300 training certifications.
To reach our OSHA Outreach Trainer you can email us at [email protected]
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of this course and the accompanying survey, you will receive a completion card from the provider of this course on behalf of the Department of Labor. This completion card will normally take 4-6 weeks to process and ship.
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE SURVEY AT THE END OF THIS TRAINING TO RECEIVE YOUR DOL CARD.
Once you complete the course, you will be provided with a completion certificate which will be available through your My Training page. Please be aware the certificate is not an official document. It serves only as evidence of your completion of the course until you receive your official Department of Labor card in the mail.
All quizzes must be passed with a 70% to proceed forward to the next lesson. No quiz can be failed three times, if you fail any quiz or exam three times you will be permanently locked out of the OSHA Outreach Program online and will be forced to complete the course in the classroom.
The final exam must be passed with a 70% to successfully complete the course. If you fail any quiz or exam three times you will be permanently locked out of the OSHA Outreach Program online and will be forced to complete the course in the classroom.
You will find supplementary materials available for download by clicking the "Materials" tab on the menu located within the course player. Other reference materials are available from the OSHA website; please visit http://www.osha.gov/dte/outreach/
To reach our Outreach Trainer email us at [email protected]
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why choose 360training.com?
- Nationwide OSHA Authorized Online Provider
- 15 years of OSHA professional empowerment nationwide
- Largest provider of Occupational Safety training
- Over 50,000 students complete safety training though 360training.com each year
What your registration includes:
- Free Study Guide
- Finish training within 4 days!
- Download certificate of completion instantly!
- Receive an Official OSHA Dept. of Labor Wallet Card
- Training Meets Latest OSHA Standards
- OSHA Outreach Trainer Available On-Staff
- 100% Online, 24x7 Support!
- Auto-bookmarking never loses your work
- 6 months to complete the course
- 3.0 IACET CEUs