This is the required course that all sales licensees must take prior to receiving a permanent license. This comprehensive post license course begins with a discussion of business plans and prospecting techniques. Students will learn how to manage their time and money, communicate with buyers, explain the home buying process and property disclosures, and calculate a buyer's estimated closing costs. Valuable information on communication skills, addressing buyers' needs, buyer presentation packages, and conducting showings is also included followed by overviews of the home buying process, loans, and fair housing laws. Students will analyze effective methods of showing properties and helping buyers, preparing purchase agreements and CMAs, writing clear offers, and estimated closing cost forms as well as predatory lending practices. This course also helps students prepare listing presentations, determine a reasonable listing price, complete an Exclusive Seller Listing Agreement, and assemble marketing portfolios. After an overview of antitrust laws, students will learn about negotiating offers, assisting buyers and/or sellers from contract through closing, red flags in property conditions, and the importance of documentation. The course concludes with lessons covering such environmental hazards as asbestos, lead, and mold.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Learn how to manage their time and money, communicate with buyers
- Explain the home buying process and property disclosure
- Calculate a buyer's estimated closing costs.
- Analyze effective methods of showing properties and helping buyers, preparing purchase agreements and CMAs, writing clear offers, and estimated closing cost forms as well as predatory lending practices.
This course covers the following topics:
Business Plan and Prospecting
Prospecting: Part I
Prospecting: Part II
Budgeting Your Money
Creating a Business Plan
Working with Buyers
The Home Buying Process
Financing: VA Loans
Fair Housing: The Law of the Land
Federal Fair Housing
Americans with Disabilities Act
History of Fair Housing in America
Estimate Cost to Buyer
Writing a Purchase Agreement
Predatory Lending: Part I
Predatory Lending: Part II
Predatory Lending: Part III
Working with Sellers
Preparing to Take a Listing
Listing Presentation and Marketing Plan
Review of Practices Prohibited by Fair Housing Act
From Contract to Closing
Red Flags and Paper Trails
Asbestos and Lead
Radon, Ground Water,
Underground Storage Tanks
Brownfields and Waste Dumps
Post License Review
Alabama Post License - Alabama Real Estate Commission
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations on successfully finishing your course! These credits count toward your Alabama Real Estate Continuing Education requirement, and your school of record will submit your credits to the commission upon receipt of the Course Evaluation Form AND the Proctor Form. You should now print a copy of your certificate of completion to keep for your own records. Thank you!
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Unlimited, 24/7 toll free phone and online chat support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule