This course discusses various forms of distributed generation, as well as the advantages and challenges to the distribution owner and the distribution power supplier who may purchase any excess power generation. The economies of distributed generation, especially during the distribution utility's peak demand hours, are compared. The various sources of energy used to drive generators, including hydro, reciprocating engines, natural gas, and diesel oil, are detailed. Special protection problems associated with distributed generation, as well as a protection issue, are discussed.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.