This course details the roles of the distribution system operator and others who are required to manage both planned and unplanned outages that affect customers. The participant will learn how switching can be developed and executed for planned outages, as well as the role of the distribution operator in isolating the fault, restoring as many customers as possible, and directing field crews during unplanned outages. The course explores an example of a switching order. The course also discusses the systematic methods used to determine fault locations following a fault in an underground residential distribution circuit. The course concludes with a discussion of how to perform a cold load pickup and how to address protection issues.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.