In this course, you will learn about the NERC requirements concerning voltage control.
Voltage control plays a substantial role in determining the success of electrical operations. It is important to study voltage relationships and the impact of these relationships on various types of electrical systems that are handling various types of voltages.
- NERC CEH: 2
- NERC OPS Hours: 2
- NERC Standard Hours: 1
- NERC Simulation Hours: 0
- NERC PE Hours: 2
- NERC EO Credits: 2
Terminal Objective: The trainee shall describe the basics relationships of kV, MVAR, MW, and voltage control devices.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall list what provides MVAR support to raise voltage or lower voltage when switched "in".
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall list what resources provide negative MVAR to lower voltage.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall explain the measurement units, terms, and relationships between current, voltage, power, and MVARS.
Terminal Objective: The trainee shall describe the use of voltage control resources and use thereof in the attendee's system.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall distinguish between active and static voltage control sources.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall explain what types of resources are MVAR Producers or MVAR Consumers.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall explain the voltage-current relationships in inductive and capacitive reactance applications.
Terminal Objective: The trainee shall discuss local area voltage and reliability plans in reference to NERC Standards.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall explain what resources may be used to maintain voltage schedules.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall describe the requirement for location of reactive resources.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall describe the requirement for reactive coordination.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall describe the applicability and requirements of VAR-001.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall explain the functionality of switched shunt capacitors.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall describe overall purpose and key requirements of EOP-001 through EOP-009.
Terminal Objective: The trainee shall demonstrate understanding of reactive and voltage control in decisions and choices in situational question lines.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall describe the action necessary to raise kV in a given circumstance.
- Enabling Objective: The trainee shall describe the action required to address a reactive deficiency in a given circumstance.
Lesson 1: Voltage Control
- Introductory Quiz
- Voltage Relationships
- Terms and Definitions
- Review of Sine Wave Relationships
- Capacitor Basics
- Voltage Control Highlights
- Summary of VAR-001 Requirements
- Workbook for 3-Phase Quantities
- Reviewing Reactive Power Flow
- Things to Remember
1106 Voltage Control - North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- (609) 452-8060
- (609) 452-9550
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 116-390 Village Boulevard
1106 Voltage Control - No Regulator/ 360training.com
- No Regulator/ 360training.com
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 1381, Burnet Road, Suite 100, Austin, Texas, 78727.
1106 Voltage Control - Registered Continuing Education Program RCEP
Subject Matter Expert
This course is created and brought to you by 360training, a leading provider of accredited e-learning courses to working professionals through today's leading schools, associations and corporations. 360training's high-quality e-learning courses assist thousands of working professionals in a wide range of disciplines, helping them to succeed in today's marketplace, to renew licenses, to acquire certification or to prepare for a new profession.
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
If you have any requests for technical or instructional support, then please contact the 360training Support Department located in the HELP section of your account profile. Technical support inquiries are handled immediately; instructional support questions are answered within 24 business hours, with information provided by a qualified professional in your field through our network of subject matter experts.
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of the course and the accompanying survey, you will get your certificate and, if appropriate, have your success reported to the relevant regulatory body.
NERC CE: If you selected this option at the course launch, your credits will automatically be reported for NERC CE through the NERC SOCCED reporting tool. In case of reporting failure, your credits would be manually reported within 48 hours. It is important to provide the correct License Number in order to obtain the completion certificate and get reported. You can also use this Certificate for PDH Reporting and reporting to any other Regulator (example PJM, etc.).
RCEP: If you selected this option at the course launch, you will NOT receive a certificate directly from the training page. Instead, your credits will be reported to RCEP and you would receive a certificate from them through email.
360training: If you selected this option at the course launch, you are seeking NO credit reporting. The training you are taking is for professional development only. You will receive a generic 360 certificate.
You will not be required to pass the knowledge check questions to move on to the next lesson. These will not be counted as a grade, but each question gives you insight into what you should have learned and the sorts of things you'll need to remember moving forward.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.