Note: For those interested in the PMI-ACP designation, PPG also offers a new, 3-day PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Boot Camp specifically designed to help you pass the PMI-ACP Certification Exam
- Embrace a model of continuous planning over simply following a plan
- Transform your Agile Project Management style from Âcommand and control to empower and inspire with your team
- Create a cadence for the team and eliminate process distractions for a dramatic boost in efficiency
- Establish credible and achievable estimates using Agile project management estimating techniques
- Communicate more transparently and reduce interruptions and conflict within your team
- Rapidly build trust with your team members and customers through frequent and effective collaboration
This Agile Project Management workshop is based on leading edge tools and techniques from many of those at the forefront of the introduction of Agile and current thought leaders in the industry today. Every ASPE instructor has been âin the trenchesâ as an Agile Project Manager and Coach of Agile teams. Each instructor brings real-life experience to teach and guide participants during the delivery of this course.
1. The Reality of Agile Projects
- Taking an Agile View
- Tolerating ambiguity and uncertainty
- Understanding where traditional practices fall short
In this exercise, we will discuss the project team in todayâs environment and the impact that knowledge work has had on the development industry. Views from Drucker and select studies from leading industry whitepapers will be discussed to help you gain and understanding of and how to work with development teams in complex environments.
2. Managing Constraints
- Strategically Leveraging Constraints
- Managing Tradeoffs to Enhance Quality
- Managing Risk
- Managing Budget, Vendors and Contracts
In this exercise, participants will investigate project uncertainty and discuss specific techniques to not only mitigate risk â but to leverage it! We will look at different ways to view constraints and tradeoffs to share them with the stakeholder.
Additionally, we will review different approaches the Agile Project Manager can take to mitigate risk when dealing with budget, vendors and contracts.
3. Understanding Agile Team Performance and Metrics
- Measuring Team Performance
- Team Productivity Metrics
- Determining the Health of the Project
The case studies and discussion exercises in this section help the Agile Project manager understand the difference between diagnostic and performance metrics and how to utilize metrics in an Agile Framework. Participants will discuss how understanding these types of metrics, applied to the individual, team and project, will help the Agile Project Manager guide both the team and the project in the daily work environment.
4. Establishing and Empowering Teams
- Establishing Effective Teams
- Work with Project and Team Charters and Working Agreements
- Creating an Empowered Team
- Servant Leadership and Building Trust
- Developing Team Members and Managing Resources
The exercises in this section will provide participants with an overall view of how to establish empowered teams quickly based on the organization of roles. Exercises are designed to create an understanding of team dynamics. In addiion, we case studies are used to examine the differences between Agile teams and traditional teams. We will discuss a set of Agile project management âtoolsâ which teams can use as they work towards becoming a high performing team. Additional exercises in this section cover trust and the three steps of rebuilding trust as well as conflict and conflict resolution and how the Agile project manager can help the team to develop trust and resolve conflict as it arises. A final, interactive exercise for this section will challenge the participants to put all of these tools and topics in place and work as a team to meet the exercise objective.
5. Maximizing Value and Agile Planning and Estimating
- Gain an Understanding of Adaptive Planning
- Learn How to Leverage your Plan to Deliver Quality and Value
- Learn How Much to Invest Up Front
- Understand Progressive Elaboration
- Learn Continuous Planning, Collaboration and Transparency of Estimation
- Review Estimating and Estimation Techniques for an Agile Team
- Iteration and Release Planning Estimation
In these sections, the exercises will help the Agile PM focus on the delivery of value and achieving customer/stakeholder satisfaction. We will discuss theory and show the use of feedback loops in the value cycle and discuss as a group how techniques like âtrimming the tailâ can be used to assist the team and stakeholder.
A highly interactive team exercise will be used to teach participants the concepts of continual planning and re-estimation how and why to make these plans visible to the organization.
6. Communication and Collaboration
- Creating Stakeholder Engagement
- Building Community
- Establishing Fluid Communication Planning
- Creating Open Information and Visible Communications
The objective of the exercises in this section are to understand the importance of and how to create stakeholder involvement in our projects. As a âlive case study,â teams will create an Agile âcommunication planâ and then, as a group we will discuss the options for communication and collaboration which an Agile project manager can utilize to create transparency and help create team success.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.