- 9.5 hours of high-quality e-learning content
- 30 PDUs offered
- Highest pass rate
- 10 chapter-end quizzes
- 2 ITIL Intermediate ST sample test papers
- Accredited by AXELOS
- Mobile friendly
The Service Transition (ST) is a part of Lifecycle Stream of ITIL® Intermediate level and one of the courses leading to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The training content approved by APMG and CSME, focuses on process elements, practice components, and management techniques for building, testing and implementing products and services. ITIL ST certification training will enhance your knowledge in ITIL best practices to be followed during the Service Strategy and Service Design stages of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
The learning objectives of this course are given below:
- Explain the purpose, principles and processes in Service Transition
- Understand how to plan and manage service changes, including transfer of services effectively
- Describe the technological considerations during service transition
- Identify how to implement and improve service transition
- Assess challenges, critical success factors, and risks associated with service transition
Introduction to Service Transition
- Purpose, objectives, scope, and value to business
- The context of service transition in ITIL service lifecycle
Service Transition Principles
- The key policies and best practice principles that aid effective service transition
- Optimizing service transition performance and typical metrics that can be used
- Service transition inputs and outputs by lifecycle stage
Service Transition Processes
- Purpose, objective, scope, and value to business
- Policies, principles, and basic concepts
- Process activities, methods, and techniques
- Triggers, inputs, outputs, and interfaces
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Challenges and risks
- Transition planning and support
- Change management
- Service asset and configuration management
- Release and deployment management
- Service validation and testing
- Change evaluation
- Knowledge management
- Managing communication and commitment
- Managing organizational and stakeholder change
- Stakeholder management
- Organizational development
- Role of technical and application management function in service transition
- Organizational context for transitioning a service
- Service transition roles and responsibilities
- The relationship of service transition to other lifecycle phases
- Technology requirements for service transition that support service transition as a whole
- Key activities in the introduction of service transition
- An integrated approach to service transition processes
- Implementing service transition in virtual or cloud environment
- Challenges facing service transition
- Measurement through analyzing critical success factors
- Potential implementation risks that could affect services currently in transition and being planned
- External factors that affect the approach to service transition
- Review of key concepts
Each process, consisting of:
Managing People through Service Transition
Organizing for Service Transition
Implementing and Improving Service Transition
Challenges, Critical Success Factors, and Risks
Summary and Directed Studies
Two years of experience in the field of IT is highly desirable. Candidates should also spend some time reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL® Service Transition publication to prepare for the exam.
To be eligible for the examination leading to the ITIL® SO Certificate, the candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
- Undertake at least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme.
- A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable.
- Hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or other appropriate earlier ITIL® and bridge qualifications.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.