ITIL Release, Control & Validation (ITIL-RCV)
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Duration: 5
- Language: English
- Audience: ITIL Certifications
A five day course intended to provide, test and validate knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications. The course and associated examination are free-standing but also part of the ITIL intermediate capability stream. It is one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management and carries a credit value of 4 points.
The course and examination are suitable for:
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of the ITIL Certificate in the Release, Control and Validation processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization
- IT professionals who are working within an organization which has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about, and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement programmer
- Operational staff involved in change management, release and deployment management, service validation and testing, service asset and configuration management, request fulfillment, change evaluation and knowledge management and who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules.
The qualification is based on a 90 minute closed-book examination of 8 complex, scenario based multiple choice questions. Typically, the examination is taken at the end of the course. Successful delegates will be awarded the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Release, Control and Validation Certificate.
The qualification is free standing, but also counts as 4 credits towards the ITIL Expert Certification.
The course is delivered in accordance with an accredited course syllabus and certification process. It combines tutorials, practical exercises and examination practice, reinforced through the trainers' proven implementation track record.
- Change management
- Service asset and configuration management
- Service validation and testing
- Release and deployment management
- Request fulfilment
- Change evaluation
- Knowledge management
- Roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation
- The purpose and objectives of the service transition phase and the role that RCV plays within that phase and within the service lifecycle
- Developing a transition strategy and planning and coordinating service transition activities, including associated roles and responsibilities
- The purpose, objectives, scope and importance of each process to generate business value
- Process policies, principles, concepts, activities, methods and techniques in relation to RCV practices and efficient use of process metrics
- Service transition roles and responsibilities and their relationship to RCV practices
- Specific process roles and functions that are responsible for executing each step of the process
- Technology and implementation considerations for release, control and validation and the relationship to other lifecycle stages
Subject Matter Expert
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.