ITIL® Service Design (ITIL-SD)
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Duration: 3
- Language: English
- Audience: IT Professionals
More About This Course
- Train Anywhere, Your Home, Office, Or Training Center
- Hands on Computer Labs Accessible 24/7
- Virtual Classrooms With Robust Interactive Environment
- Prepares You For Exams And Valuable Microsoft Certifications
- Version Upgrade Guarantee - Substantial Discounts For Upgraded Courses Within 9 Months of Purchase
- Corporate Resource Guarantee - Protect Your Company Sponsored Training Investment For 1 Year
This is a three and a half day course intended to provide, test and validate knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL Service Design publication.
The course and associated examination are free-standing but also part of the ITIL intermediate lifecycle stream. It is one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management and carries a credit value of 3 points. Please Note: The associated ITIL Certification Exam will only be administered on the last day of class, in the event that you are unable to take the exam on the last day of class you will be responsible for making arrangements to purchase and take the exam with an exam vendor in your area.
The course and examination are suitable for:
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL service design stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a service design environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
- Introduction to service design
- Service design principles
- Service design processes
- Service design technology related activities
- Organizing for service design
- Technology considerations
- Implementing and improving service design
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- The purpose, goals, objectives and scope of service design, the business value of service design activities, the context of service design in the ITIL service lifecycle and the inputs and outputs of service design including the service design package
- Service design principles and service composition
- The importance of, and approach to, balanced design and the requirements gathering for services
- Design activities, constraints and models, including the aspects of service design and the management of service design processes
- The managerial and supervisory aspects of the ITIL processes covered in the service design stage, excluding the day-to-day operation of the processes (covered in the Planning, Protection and Control Capability module)
- The management of technology related activities commonly performed in the service design stage, including requirements engineering related to data and information management, as well as application management
- Service design roles, responsibilities and capabilities and techniques for assigning roles
- Technology considerations for service design including the types of tools that would benefit service design and requirements for service management tools
- Typical service design issues, prerequisites for success, and the six stage implementation approach
- Techniques including business impact analysis, service level requirements and risk assessment
- The challenges and risks facing service design and how critical success factors (CSFs) contribute to service design
Students wishing to attend this course and take the examination must fulfil the following requirements:
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or equivalent) which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission
- Attend an accredited training course
In addition, it is desirable that students have a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience and it is recommended that students complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL Service Design publication in preparation for the examination.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.