PMP Certification Exam Preparation, 5th Edition
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management-both on the job and through professional certification is becoming the standard to compete in today's fast-paced and highly technical workplace. This course expands upon the basic concepts of project management you discovered in the Project Management Fundamentals course, and offers a job-related approach to successful project management across application areas and industries.
As a Registered Education Provider (REP) for PMI Institute, PPGâs accredited PMP Certification Exam Preparation 5th course includes A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOKÂ® Guide) Â Fifth Edition 2013 theory and best practices paired with hands-on, real-world exercises taught by instructors who are experienced, PMP certified professionals.
- Prepare to take the PMP or CAPM exams
- Become familiar with PMBOK Guide terms, definitions, and processes
- Master test-taking techniques Learn styles and types of questions found on the PMP or CAPM exams
- PMBOK Guide's five process groups, ten knowledge areas, and the area of professional and social responsibility
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOKÂ® Guide Fifth Edition)
- Key terms and the project life cycle
- Identifying Enterprise Environmental Factors (EEFs) and Organizational Process Assets (OPAs)
- Organizational structure and influences
- Mapping the interrelationships of the ten knowledge areas to the five process groups
- Identifying and integrating processes and activities
- Identifying a new project, business case and strategy
- Defining and coordinating all subsidiary plans
- Change-control and configuration management
- Facilitating requirements-gathering using interviews, workshops and decision-making techniques
- Requirements changes and traceability matrices
- Determining scope through product analysis and Analysis of Alternatives (AoA)
- Creating the WBS through decomposition
- Setting the scope baseline and analyzing variances
- Time management
- Defining and sequencing activities
- Estimating activity resources and durations with analogous, parametric and three-point techniques
- Developing the schedule with PDM, ADM and CDM diagrams
- Identifying costs and calculating performance baseline
- Assessing EVM key dimensions, variances and indices
- Forecasting with EVM
- Performance reporting
- Implementing systems for quality
- Preventing nonconformance through Cost of Quality (CoQ)
- Performing continuous improvements
- Planning for quality using statistical tools
- Implementing quality metrics and audits
- Developing the plan and acquiring the team
- Creating hierarchical and matrix charts (RAM & RACI)
- Developing the team: team building, Tuckman model, recognition and rewards
- Motivational theories and conflict resolution techniques
- Distributing information with communication models
- Applying communication theory and the levels of power
- Identifying and analyzing stakeholders and their expectations
- Increasing support and minimizing resistance
- Assessing project risks
- Qualitative and quantitative risk analysis
- Evaluating Expected Monetary Value (EMV)
- Developing threat/opportunity response strategies
- Reassessing and controlling risks
- Performing make-or-buy analysis
- Formally accepting the product and closing the project
- Preparing for test day
- Applying proven tips for exam success
- Conquering exam apprehension
- Identifying your strengths and weaknesses
- Optimizing your study time and focus
- The PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Balancing the interest of all stakeholders
To be eligible for the CAPM or PMP certification, you must first meet specific education and experience requirements. The PMP Certification Exam Preparation course satisfies the requirements for 35 contact hours of instruction. The final step in gaining certification is passing a multiple-choice, psychometric-based examination designed to objectively assess and measure your project management knowledge. It is recommended that you have achieved the experience requirements prior to taking this course, as well as the following class.
- Real World Project Management
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.