20688-Supporting Windows 8.1
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
EDSTs must combine technical expertise with problem solving and decision making skills and a deep understanding of their business and technical environments to quickly resolve support issues. They consider all variables, justify resolutions with a logical troubleshooting approach, and relate tradeoffs while adhering to business and technical requirements and constraints. EDSTs are primarily responsible for the maintenance and support of desktops and devices, installing and testing line-of-business applications on these devices, and physically making changes to user devices or re-images as required.
The secondary audience for this course can include students preparing to take exam 70-688.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes involved in planning and using a troubleshooting methodology for Windows 8.1.
- Troubleshoot startup issues and operating system services on a Windows 8.1 system.
- Resolve issues related to hardware devices and device drivers.
- Troubleshoot computers remotely.
- troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity.
- Troubleshoot client configuration failures and GPO application issues.
- Troubleshoot issues related to user settings.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are domain-joined.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are not domain-joined.
- Troubleshoot issues related to application installation and operation.
- Maintain Windows 8.1 following deployment.
- Design and implement extranet connectivity for Windows 8.
- Recover a computer running Windows 8.1.
Module 1: Introduction to Troubleshooting Windows 8.1
This module provides an introduction to the Windows 8.1 system architecture and explains how to identify the common troubleshooting scenarios. The module also provides an overview of a typical troubleshooting process.
- Common Windows 8.1 Troubleshooting Scenarios
- Overview of Windows 8.1 Architecture
- Overview of Troubleshooting Steps
- Lab : Troubleshooting Windows 8.1
- Developing a Plan of Action
This module provides an overview of the Windows 8.1 startup recovery environment and explains how to troubleshoot startup settings and issues. The module also describes how to recover BitLocker-operated drives.
- Overview of the Windows 8.1 Startup Recovery Environment
- Optimizing and Troubleshooting Startup Settings
- Troubleshooting Operating System Services Issues
- Recovering BitLocker-Protected Drives
- Lab : Troubleshoot a Startup Failure
- Resolving a startup problem (1)
- Resolving a Startup Problem (2)
- Lab : Troubleshoot a Startup Failure
- Recovering a BitLocker Encrypted Drive
- Creating New BitLocker Keys
This module explains how to troubleshoot hardware issues, physical failures, and device driver failures. It also describes how to monitor reliability and configure the registry.
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Monitoring Reliability
- Configuring the Registry
- Lab : Resolving Hardware Device and Device Driver Issues
- Resolving Hardware Issues
- Configuring Group Policy to Control Device Installation
This module describes how to perform remote troubleshooting by using Windows 8.1 features such as Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance, and Windows PowerShell remoting.
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Remoting with Windows PowerShell
- Lab : Troubleshooting a Remote Computer
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Using Windows PowerShell Remoting
This module explains how to identify network settings and troubleshoot network connectivity issues in wired and wireless networks, IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity, and name resolution.
- Determining Network Settings
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Lab : Troubleshooting Network Connections
- Troubleshooting a Network Problem (1)
- Troubleshooting a Network Problem (2)
- Troubleshooting a Wireless Network
This module provides an overview of the Group Policy application and describes how to resolve issues in client configuration GPO application.
- Overview of Group Policy Application
- Resolving Client Configuration Failures and GPO Application Issues
- Lab : Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
- Resolving Group Policy Application (1)
- Resolving Group Policy Object Application (2)
This module describes how to troubleshoot sign-in issues, user profiles, folder redirection, and USMT.
- Troubleshooting Sign In Issues
- Troubleshooting User Profiles
- Troubleshooting Folder Redirection
- Troubleshooting USMT
- Lab : Resolving Sign In Problems
- Resolving Sign In Problem (1)
- Resolving Sign In Problem (2)
- Lab : Resolving Folder Redirection Problems
- Resolving Folder Redirection Problem (1)
This module describes how to troubleshoot issues in VPN connectivity, NAP, and DirectAccess.
- Troubleshooting VPN Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting NAP Issues
- Troubleshooting DirectAccess Issues
- Lab : Troubleshooting DHCP NAP Enforcement
- Troubleshooting NAP
- Lab : Troubleshooting DirectAccess
- Configuring DirectAccess
- Troubleshooting DirectAccess Client-Side Settings
This module explains how to troubleshoot issues in file access and permissions. It also describes how to resolve printer access issues.
- Troubleshooting File Access Issues
- Troubleshooting File Permissions Issues
- Troubleshooting Printer Access Issues
- Lab : Troubleshooting Resource Access
- Resolving a File Permissions Issue
This module describes how to configure and troubleshoot Workplace Join, Work Folders, and SkyDrive Access.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Workplace Join
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Work Folders
- Configuring and Troubleshooting SkyDrive Access
- Lab : Configuring and Troubleshooting Workplace Join
- Configuring Workplace Join
- Lab : Configuring Work Folders
- Configuring Work Folders
This module explains how to troubleshoot application installation issues and problems in desktop and Windows store apps. The module also describes how to resolve issues in Internet Explorer and Client Hyper-V.
- Troubleshooting Application Installation Issues
- Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
- Troubleshooting Windows Store Apps
- Troubleshooting Internet Explorer
- Troubleshooting Client Hyper-V
- Lab : Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
- Troubleshooting AppLocker Policy Application
- Troubleshooting Application Startup
- Lab : Troubleshooting Internet Explorer Issues
- Resolving an Internet Explorer Issue
This module describe how to troubleshoot activation issues and configure performance options in Windows 8.1. It also explains how to protect a Windows 8.1 system from malware and viruses and how to apply application and Windows updates.
- Troubleshoot Windows Activation Issues
- Monitoring and Configuring Performance Options in Windows 8.1
- Protecting Windows 8.1 from Malware and Viruses
- Applying Application and Windows Updates
- Lab : Identifying Performance Problems
- Troubleshooting a Performance Problem
This modules explains how to restore files and recover a Windows 8.1 system.
- Restoring Files in Windows 8.1
- Recovery Options in Windows 8.1
- Lab : Recovering Files
- Recovering Files on Windows 8.1
- Lab : Recovering a Windows 8.1 Computer (2)
- Recovering a Windows 8.1 Computer
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management
- Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components and working knowledge of the fundamentals of Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 fundamentals
- Microsoft Windows Client fundamentals; for example, working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and/or Windows 8
- Fundamentals of management and experience using the Microsoft Office 2013 system or the Microsoft Office 2010 system
- Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) components including Windows PE, Windows SIM, VAMT, ImageX, USMT, and DISM concepts and fundamentals
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.