6292-Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
In this course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing. This course helps students prepare for the Exam 70-680, TS: Windows 7, Configuring.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Perform a clean installation of Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from an earlier version of Windows.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure file access and printers on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure wireless network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Secure Windows 7 client desktop computers.
- Optimize and maintain the performance and reliability of a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure mobile computing and remote access settings for a Windows 7 client computer.
This module explains how to install, upgrade and migrate to Windows 7. It also describes the key features, editions, and hardware requirements of Windows 7.
- Preparing to Install Windows 7
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7
- Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7
- Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7
- Configuring Application Compatibility
- Migrating Settings by using Windows Easy Transfer
- Configuring a Reference Image of Windows 7
- Configuring a Reference Image
- Describe the key features, editions, and hardware requirements of Windows 7.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows 7
- Upgrade and Migrate to Windows 7 from an earlier version of Windows.
- Perform an image-based installation of Windows 7
- Resolve common application compatibility issues.
This module examines how to configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable Windows 7 to function as desired.
- Partitioning Disks in Windows 7
- Managing Disk Volumes
- Maintaining Disks in Windows 7
- Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
- Configuring Disks
- Configuring Disk Quotas (Optional)
- Updating a Device Driver
- Configure disk partitions on a Windows 7 client computer
- Create and manage disk volumes
- Manage file system fragmentation and disk quotas
- Install and configure device drivers
This module explains how to manage access to shared folders and printers on a computer running Windows 7. Specifically, it describes how to share and secure folders, configure folder compression, and how to install, configure, and administer printing.
- Overview of Authentication and Authorization
- Managing File Access in Windows 7
- Managing Shared Folders
- Configuring File Compression
- Managing Printing
- Create and Configure a Public Shared Folder for all Users
- Configuring Shared Access to Files for Specific Users
- Creating and Sharing a Printer
- Describe authentication and authorization
- Manage file access on a Windows 7 client computer
- Create and manage shared folders
- Configure file compression
- Install, configure, and administer printers
This module explains both IPv4 and IPv6 network connectivity. It also describes how to implement automatic IP Address Allocation and troubleshoot network connectivity.
- Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity
- Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation
- Overview of Name Resolution
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Configuring IPv4 Addressing
- Configuring IPv6 Addressing
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
- Configure IPv4 network connectivity.
- Configure IPv6 network connectivity.
- Implement automatic IP address allocation.
- Troubleshoot common network related issues by using the tools available in Windows 7.
This module describes key wireless network technologies and how to configure wireless network components and the Windows 7 elements that are necessary to access wireless networks.
- Overview of Wireless Networks
- Configuring a Wireless Network
- Determining the appropriate configuration for a wireless network
- Troubleshooting Wireless Connectivity
- Describe the standards and technologies related to wireless network connections.
- Configure a wireless network connection.
This module describes how to make a Windows 7 computer more secure while ensuring usability is not sacrificed in the process. Specifically, it describes Windows Firewall, User Account Control, Windows Defender, and Security in Internet Explorer 8.
- Overview of Security Management in Windows 7
- Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by Using Local Security Policy Settings
- Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker
- Configuring Application Restrictions
- Configuring User Account Control
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring Security Settings in Internet Explorer 8
- Configuring Windows Defender
- Using Action Center
- Configuring Local Security Policies
- Encrypting Data
- Configuring AppLocker
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring Internet Explorer 8 Security
- Configuring Windows Defender
- Explain the security management features of Windows 7.
- Configure local security policy settings on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Secure data by using EFS and BitLocker.
- Configure application restrictions by using AppLocker.
- Configure user account control settings.
- Configure Windows Firewall on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure security-related settings in Internet Explorer to help protect a Windows 7 client computer that is connected to the Internet.
- Configure Windows Defender to help protect a Windows 7 client computer against malicious software.
This module describes how to use the monitoring and configuration tools to obtain information about Windows 7 performance and how to troubleshoot performance and reliability problems.
- Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools
- Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools
- Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup
- Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points
- Configuring Windows Update
- Monitoring System Performance
- Backing Up and Restoring Data
- Configuring System Restore Points
- Configuring Windows Update
- Maintain the performance of a Windows 7 client computer by using performance management tools.
- Maintain reliability of a Windows 7 client computer by using the diagnostic tools.
- Back up and restore data on a Windows 7 client computer by using Windows Backup.
- Restore a Windows 7 system by using system restore points.
- Configure Windows Update on a Windows 7 client computer.
This module explains how to configure mobile devices and remote access. It also discusses DirectAccess and BranchCache which are new for Windows 7.
- Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings
- Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access
- Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access
- Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
- Creating a Sync Partnership
- Configuring Power Options
- Enabling Remote Desktop
- Enabling BranchCache
- Configure mobile computer and device settings on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure DirectAccess on a Windows 7 client computer for remote access.
- Configure BranchCache on a branch office Windows 7 client computer..
To ensure the successful completion of this course, we recommend completion of one of the following courses, or equivalent knowledge:
- Experience installing PC hardware and devices.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge.
- The skills to map network file shares.
- Experience working from a command prompt.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of applications. For example, how client computer applications communicate with the server.
- Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
- An understanding of the fundamental principles of using printers.
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.