80571-Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
- Use basic elements such as lookup windows, browse buttons and zooms to access data in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Enter record and window level notes and attach OLE notes to records.
- Use SmartList to export data to Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel for further analysis.
- Use the Posting Setup options to define posting processes.
- Identify what is required to use Word Templates.
- Customize system and company setup procedures using the Setup Checklist.
- Set up fiscal periods, account formats, credit cards and payment terms.
- Use inquiries and reports to get at the information that is needed from Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Customize Microsoft Dynamics GP toolbars, home pages and display settings.
- Describe the benefits of using Business Alerts and Process Servers.
- View and use resource descriptions for tables and fields in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
This module introduces many of the basic elements that are used throughout Microsoft Dynamics GP. The main window of the application is discussed along with logging on to Dynamics, and many common window functions and objects in Microsoft Dynamics GP are identified and explained.
- Basic Elements
- Using Notes
- User Preferences
- Navigation Pane
- Home Pages
- Help and Other Documentation
- Lab : Advanced Lookups
- Lab : OLE Notes
- Lab : User Preferences
This module discusses SmartList, an inquiry tool that can be used to access data. It also discusses reporting and inquiry capabilities and the use of Microsoft Word Templates to generate common documents.
- Microsoft Word Templates
- Report Options and Printing
- Report Groups
- Report List and My Reports
- Excel Reports
- Inquiries, Named Printers and Process Monitor
- Lab : SmartList
- Lab : Report Options and Groups
This module explains some basic system setups along with information about the different ways to post transactions in Microsoft Dynamics GP. System setups discussed include security, users and user classes. Posting Setup is discussed along with related topics such as audit trails and source documents.
- System Setup
- Posting Methods and Setup Options
- Posting Accounts and Audit Trails
- Lab : Security Tasks
- Lab : Security Roles
- Lab : Assigning Security Roles to Users
- Lab : Modifying Posting Settings
This module examines how to set up companies in Microsoft Dynamics GP and then define options specific to each company. The company setup windows are used to define company parameters such as company information, Internet information, fiscal periods, account format, credit cards, shipping methods, payment terms and custom links.
- Creating Companies
- Accessing Companies
- Setup Checklist
- Account Format
- Fiscal Periods
- Company Information and Setup Options
- Shipping Methods
- Payment Terms
- Credit Cards
- Other Company Setups
- Internet Information
- Emailing Documents
- Unified Communications
- Tax Setup
- Tax Calculations in Receivables and Payables
- Tax Calculations in Sales Order Processing
- Lab : Create a New Company
- Lab : Account Format
- Lab : Defining Fiscal Periods
- Lab : Entering Company Information
- Lab : Set Up Shipping Methods
- Lab : Set Up Payment Terms
- Lab : Set Up Custom Links
- Lab : Set Up a New Tax
This module explains the ways to customize a number of elements in the Microsoft Dynamics GP system to individual needs, enabling work to be completed more efficiently. Additionally, resource information on tables and fields are discussed and some other miscellaneous system utilities are also a focus in this module.
- Series Checklists
- Customizing Toolbars
- Activity Tracking
- Process Server Overview
- Other Customization Options
- Removing Security Setup Records
- nstallation and Customization
- Table Information and Maintenance
- Lab : Checklists
- Lab : Toolbars
Before attending this course, students must have:
- General experience using Microsoft Windows
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
Subject Matter Expert
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.