20410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
The course is part one of a series of three courses that provide the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some crossâover in skillset and tasks across the courses, this course primarily covers the initial implementation and configuration of those core services, such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), networking services, and Hyper-V configuration.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Install and Configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS infrastructure, and install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage AD DS objects.
- Automate AD DS administration.
- Describe Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addressing.
- Describe installing and configuring Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), in addition to managing a DHCP database.
- Describe name resolution for Windows operating system clients and Windows Server servers.
- Describe implementing IPv6 addressing.
- Describe implementing storage configuration options for Windows Server 2012.
- Enable and configure file and print services in Windows Server 2012.
- Describe implementing Group Policy.
- Increase security in a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure by using Group Policy Objects, AppLocker, and Windows Firewall.
- Describe Microsoft Virtualization technologies, including Hyper-V.
Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
This module introduces the new Windows Server 2012 administrative interface. This module covers the different roles and features that are available with the Windows Server 2012 operating system. It also discusses the various installation and configuration options you can use when deploying and configuring Windows Server 2012.
- Windows Server 2012 Overview
- Overview of Windows Server 2012 Management
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Post-Installation Configuration of Windows Server 2012
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell
- Deploying Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Windows Server 2012 Server Core
- Managing Servers
- Using Windows PowerShell to Manage Servers
This module introduces Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in Windows Server 2012. It covers general AD DS infrastructure including forests, trees, schema, Global Catalog, Operations Masters. It also covers installing and configuring domain controllers.
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of Domain Controllers
- Installing a Domain Controller
- Installing a Domain Controller
- Installing a Domain Controller by Using IFM
This module covers configuring Active Directory Objects such as users, groups and computers. The functionality of AD DS Administrative Tools is addressed, in addition to the configuration of user profiles and the process of delegating permissions to perform AD DS administration.
- Managing User Accounts
- Managing Group Accounts
- Managing Computer Accounts
- Delegating Administration
- Delegating Administration for a Branch Office
- Creating and Configuring User Accounts in AD DS
- Managing Computer Objects in AD DS
This module covers using command-line tools to configure and administer AD DS. It introduces using Windows PowerShell cmdlets for AD DS administration, and using Windows PowerShell to perform bulk AD DS administrative operations.
- Using Command-line Tools for Administration
- Using Windows PowerShell for Administration
- Performing Bulk Operations with Windows PowerShell
- Creating User Accounts and Groups by Using Windows PowerShell
- Using Windows PowerShell to Create User Accounts in Bulk
- Using Windows PowerShell to Modify User Accounts in Bulk
This module covers Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addressing. It details the various IPv4 components, covers subnetting and supernetting, and discusses configuring and general troubleshooting of IPv4 addresses.
- Overview of TCP/IP
- Understanding IPv4 Addressing
- Subnetting and Supernetting
- Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv4
- Identifying Appropriate Subnets
- Troubleshooting IPv4
This module covers the installation and configuration of DHCP as well as managing a DHCP database. It also covers security and monitoring of DHCP, including auditing and logging.
- Installing a DHCP Server Role
- Configuring DHCP Scopes
- Managing a DHCP Database
- Securing and Monitoring DHCP
- Implementing DHCP
- Implementing a DHCP Relay (Optional Exercise)
This module covers name resolution for Windows Server and clients. It details the installation of a DNS server and configuring Active Directory Integrated DNS zones.
- Name Resolution for Windows Client and Servers
- Installing and Managing a DNS Server
- Managing DNS Zones
- Installing and Configuring DNS
- Creating Host Records in DNS
- Managing the DNS Server Cache
This module covers understanding and implementing IPv6 addressing. It covers configuration and troubleshooting as well as co-existence with IPv4 using transition technologies.
- Overview of IPv6
- IPv6 Addressing
- Coexistence with IPv6
- IPv6 Transition Technologies
- Configuring an IPv6 Network
- Configuring an ISATAP Router
This module covers the storage configuration options for Windows Server 2012, including managing disks and volumes and implementing file systems. It also covers creating and managing storage pools.
- Overview of Storage
- Managing Disks and Volumes
- Implementing Storage Spaces
- Installing and Configuring a New Disk
- Resizing Volumes
- Configuring a Redundant Storage Space
This module covers securing files, folders and network file shares, in addition to using shadow copies to protect network file shares. It also covers configuring network printing and creating a printer pool.
- Securing Files and Folders
- Protecting Shared Files and Folders Using Shadow Copies
- Configuring Network Printing
- Creating and Configuring a File Share
- Configuring Shadow Copies
- Creating and Configure a Printer Pool
This module covers using Group Policy to centrally manage and apply configuration settings.
- Overview of Group Policy
- Group Policy Processing
- Implementing a Central Store for Administrative Templates
- Configuring a Central Store
- Creating GPOs
Increase security in a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure by using Group Policy Objects, AppLocker, and Windows Firewall.
- Windows Security Overview
- Configuring Security Settings
- Restricting Software
- Configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Using Group Policy to Secure Member Servers
- Auditing File System Access
- Auditing Domain Logons
- Configuring AppLocker Policies
- Configuring Windows Firewall
This module describes Microsoft Virtualization technologies. It covers installing and configuring Hyper-V virtual machines, configuring virtual storage, and configuring virtual networks.
- Overview of Virtualization Technologies
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Managing Virtual Machine Storage
- Managing Virtual Networks
- Installing the Hyper-V Server Role
- Configuring Virtual Networking
- Creating and Configuring a Virtual Machine
- Using Virtual Machine Snapshots
To ensure your success in this course, it is recommended that you have:
- A good understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding and experience configuring security and administration tasks in an enterprise environment.
- Experience supporting or configuring Microsoft Windows clients.
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.