20413-Designing and Implementing a Server 2012 Infrastructure
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
This 5-day instructor-led course provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to plan, design, and deploy a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure. The course also provides the skills to perform name resolution, application integration, optimization of automate remediation and maintenance of network services.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Implement server upgrade and migration.
- Design an automated server installation strategy.
- Plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.
- Plan and implement file and storage services.
- Design and implement a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) solution.
- Design a name resolution solution strategy.
- Design and manage an IP address management solution.
- Design a VPN and DirectAccess solution.
- Implement a scalable remote access solution.
- Design a network protection solution.
- Implement a network protection solution.
- Design a forest and domain infrastructure.
- Implement a forest and domain infrastructure.
- Design an Active Directory permission model and sites topology
- Design a domain controller strategy.
- Design and implement a branch office infrastructure.
Module 1: Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
This module explains how to plan a server upgrade and migration strategy.
- Upgrade and Migration Considerations
- Creating a Server Upgrade and Migration Plan
- Planning for Virtualization
- Planning a Server Upgrade and Migration Strategy.
This module explains how to design an automated server installation strategy and plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.
- Selecting an Appropriate Server Imaging Strategy
- Selecting a Deployment Automation Strategy
- Implementing an Automated Deployment Strategy
- Planning an Automated Server Installation and Deployment Strategy
- Preparing the Windows Server Image
- Deploying Windows Server
This module explains how to design and maintain IP address management (IPAM) and a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) solution.
- Designing and Implementing DHCP
- Planning and Implementing DHCP Scopes
- Planning and Implementing an IPAM Provisioning Strategy
- Designing an IP Addressing Scheme for Contoso (Optional)
- Planning DHCP to Support Your Proposed Scheme
- Planning an IPAM Deployment
- Implementing DHCP and IPAM
This module explains how to design a name resolution solution strategy.
- Designing a DNS Server Implementation Strategy
- Designing the DNS Namespace
- Designing and Implementing DNS Zones
- Designing and Configuring DNS Zone Replication and Delegation
- Optimizing DNS Servers
- Designing DNS for High Availability and Security
- Designing a DNS Name Resolution Strategy
- Planning a DNS Server Placement Strategy
- Planning DNS Zones and DNS Zone Replication
- Implementing DNS
This module explains how to design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure.
- Designing an AD DS Forest
- Designing and Implementing AD DS Forest Trusts
- Designing and Implementing AD DS Domains
- Designing DNS Namespaces in AD DS Environments
- Designing AD DS Domain Trusts
- Designing an AD DS Forest Infrastructure
- Implementing AD DS Forest Trusts
- Designing an AD DS Domain Infrastructure
- Implementing an AD DS Domain Infrastructure
This module explains how to design and implement an organizational unit (OU) infrastructure and AD DS permissions model.
- Planning the AD DS Administrative Tasks Delegation Model
- Designing the OU Structure
- Designing and Implementing an AD DS Group Strategy
- Designing an OU Infrastructure
- Implementing the OU Design
- Designing and Implementing an AD DS Permissions Model
This module explains how to design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
- Gathering the Information Required for a GPO Design
- Designing and Implementing GPOs
- Designing GPO Processing
- Planning Group Policy Management
- Lab: Designing and Implementing Group Policy Object Strategy
- Designing a GPO Strategy
- Implementing the GPO Design
This module explains how to design an AD DS sites topology and a domain controller placement strategy.
- Designing and Implementing AD DS Sites
- Designing AD DS Replication
- Designing the Placement of Domain Controllers
- Virtualization Considerations for Domain Controllers
- Designing Highly-Available Domain Controllers
- Designing AD DS Sites and AD DS Replication
- Planning the Placement of Domain Controllers
- Implementing AD DS Sites and Domain Controllers
This module explains how to plan and implement storage.
- Storage Considerations
- Planning and Implementing iSCSI SANs
- Planning a Storage Solution
- Implementing Storage Services
This module explains how to plan and implement file services.
- Planning and Implementing a Distributed File System
- Planning and Implementing BranchCache
- Planning and Implementing Dynamic Access Control
- Planning Data Access
- Planning and Implementing Dynamic Access Control
This module explains how to design and implement network access services.
- Designing and Implementing Remote Access Services
- Designing RADIUS Authentication by Using a Network Policy Server
- Designing a Perimeter Network
- Planning and Implementing DirectAccess
- Planning and Implementing a VPN Solution
- Planning and Implementing a DirectAccess Solution
This module explains how to design and implement network protection.
- Overview of Network Security Design
- Identifying and Mitigating Common Network Security Threats
- Designing and Implementing a Windows Firewall Strategy
- Designing and Implementing a Network Access Protection Infrastructure
- Designing a Windows Firewall Solution
- Implementing a Windows Firewall Solution
- Designing a NAP Solution
- Implementing NAP with VPN Enforcement
To ensure your success in this course, it is recommended that you have:
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team.
- Ability to produce good documentation and have the appropriate communication skills to create proposals and make budget recommendations.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 MCSA.
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.