6425-Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server Active Directory Domain Services 2008
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
This five-day instructor-led course provides in-depth training on configuring Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, implementing Group Policies, performing backup and restore, and monitoring and troubleshooting Active Directory related issues.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features and functionality of Active Directory Domain Services.
- Perform secure and efficient administration of Active Directory.
- Manage users and service accounts.
- Manage groups.
- Manage computer accounts.
- Implement a Group Policy infrastructure.
- Manage enterprise security and configuration by using Group Policy settings.
- Secure administration.
- Improve the security of authentication in an AD DS Domain.
- Configure Domain Name System.
- Administer AD DS domain controllers.
- Manage sites and Active Directory.
- Monitor, maintain, and back up directory Service to ensure continuity.
- Manage multiple domains and forests.
Module 1: Introducing Active Directory Domain Services
This module explains how to install and configure Active Directory Domain Services and install and configure a read-only domain controller.
- Lesson 1: Overview of Active Directory, Identity, and Access
- Lesson 2: Active Directory Components and Concepts
- Lesson 3: Install Active Directory Domain Services
- Perform Post-Installation Configuration Tasks
- Install a New Windows Server 2008 Forest with the Windows Interface
- Raise Domain and Forest Functional Levels
- Describe the functionality of AD DS in an enterprise in relation to identity and access.
- Describe the major components of AD DS.
- Install AD DS and configure it as a domain controller.
This module explains how to work securely and efficiently in Active Directory.
- Work with Active Directory Administration Tools
- Custom Consoles and Least Privilege
- Find Objects in Active Directory
- Use Windows PowerShell to Administer Active Directory
- Perform Administrative Tasks by Using Administrative Tools
- Create a Custom Active Directory Administrative Console
- Perform Administrative Tasks with Least Privilege, Run As Administrator, and User Account Control
- Find Objects in Active Directory
- Use Saved Queries
â¢ Use PowerShell Cmdlets to Administer Active Directory
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Describe and work with Active Directory administration tools.
- Describe the purpose and functionality of custom consoles and least privilege.
- Locate objects in Active Directory.
- Administer Active Directory by using Windows PowerShell.
This module explains how to manage and support user accounts in Active Directory.
- Create and Administer User Accounts
- Configure User Object Attributes
- Automate User Account Creation
- Create and Configure Managed Service Accounts
- Create User Accounts
- Administer User Accounts
- Examine User Object Attributes
- Manage User Object Attributes
- Create Users from a Template
- Export and Import Users with CSVDE
- Import Users with LDIFDE
- Create and Associate a Managed Service Account
- Create and administer user accounts.
- Configure user object attributes.
- Automate user account creation.
- Create and configure managed service accounts.
This module explains how to create, modify, delete, and support group objects in Active Directory.
- Overview of Groups
- Administer Groups
- Best Practices for Group Management
- Implement Role-Based Management by Using Groups
- (Advanced Optional) Explore Group Membership Reporting Tools
- (Advanced Optional) Understand âAccount Unknownâ Permissions
- Implement Best Practices for Group Management
- Describe the role of groups in managing an enterprise.
- Administer groups with by using the builtin tools in Windows Server 2008CSVDE and LDIFDE.
- Describe the best practices for managing groups.
This module explains how to create and configure computer accounts.
- Create Computers and Join the Domain
- Administer Computer Objects and Accounts
- Perform an Offline Domain Join
- Join a computer to the Domain with the Windows Interface
- Secure Computer Joins
- Manage Computer Account Creation
- Administer Computer Objects Through Their Life Cycle
- Administer and Troubleshoot Computer Accounts
- Configure an Offline Domain Join
- Create computer accounts and join them to a domain.
- Administer computer objects and accounts by using the Windows Interface and command-line tools.
- Describe and perform the Offline Domain Join process.
This module explains what Group Policy is, how it works, and how best to implement Group Policy in your organization.
- Understand Group Policy
- Implement GPOs
- Deeper Look at Settings and GPOs
- Group Policy Preferences
- Manage Group Policy Scope
- Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshoot Policy Application
- Create, Edit, and Link GPOs
- Use Filtering and Commenting
- Manage Administrative Templates
- Configure Group Policy Preferences
- Verify the Application of Group Policy Preferences
- Configure GPO Scope with Links
- Configure GPO Scope with Filtering
- Configure Loopback Processing
- Perform RSoP Analysis
- Use the Group Policy Modeling Wizard
- View Policy Events
- Describe the components and technologies that comprise the Group Policy framework.
- Implement GPOs.
- Configure and understand a variety of policy setting types.
- Understand and configure Group Policy preferences.
- Scope GPOs by using links, security groups, Windows Management Instrumentation filters, loopback processing, and preference targeting.
- Describe how GPOs are processed.
- Locate the event logs containing Group Policyârelated events and troubleshoot Group Policy application.
This module explains how to manage security and software installation and how to audit files and folders.
- Delegate the Support of Computers
- Manage Security Settings
- Manage Software with GPSI
- Software Restriction Policy and AppLocker
- Configure the Membership of Administrators by Using Restricted Groups
- Manage Local Security Settings
- Create a Security Template
- Deploy Software with GPSI
- Upgrade Applications with GPSI
- Configure Permissions and Audit Settings
- Configure Audit Policy
- Examine Audit Events
- Configure Application Control Policies
- Delegate the support of computers.
- Manage security settings.
- Manage software by using GPSI.
- Describe the purpose and functionality of auditing
- Describe the purpose of Software Restriction Policy and AppLocker.
This module explains how to administer Active Directory Domain Services Securely.
- Delegate Administrative Permissions
- Audit Active Directory Administration
- Delegate Permission to Create and Support User Accounts
- View Delegated Permissions
- Remove and Reset Permissions
- Audit Changes to Active Directory Using Default Audit Policy
- Audit Changes to Active Directory Using Directory Service Changes Auditing
- Delegate administrative permissions.
- Audit Active Directory administration.
This module explains the domain-side components of authentication, including the policies that specify password requirements and the auditing of authentication-related activities.
- Configure Password and Lockout Policies
- Audit Authentication
- Configure Read-Only Domain Controllers
- Configure the Domainâs Password and Lockout Policies
- Configure a Fine-Grained Password Policy
- Audit Authentication
- Exercise 1: Install an RODC
- Exercise 2: Configure Password Replication Policy
- Exercise 3: Manage Credential Caching
- Configure password and lockout policies.
- Audit authentication.
- Configure read-only domain controllers.
This module explains how to implement DNS to support name resolution both within your AD DS domain and outside your domain and your intranet.
- Review of DNS Concepts, Components, and Processes
- Install and Configure DNS in an AD DS Domain
- Integration of AD DS, DNS, and Windows
- Advanced DNS Configuration and Administration
- Add the DNS Server Role
- Configure Forward Lookup Zones and Resource Records
- Enable Scavenging of DNS Zones
- Create Reverse Lookup Zones
- Explore Domain Controller Location
- Configure Name Resolution for External Domains
- Describe DNS concepts, components, and processes.
- Install and configure DNS in an AD DS domain.
- Describe the integration of AD DS, DNS, and Windows.
- Describe advanced DNS configuration and administration tasks.
This module explains how to add Windows Server 2008 domain controllers to a forest or domain, how to prepare a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 forest or domain for its first Windows Server 2008 DC, how to manage the roles performed by DCs, and how to migrate the replication of SYSVOL from the File Replication Service (FRS) used in previous versions of Windows to the Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R) mechanism that provides more robust and manageable replication.
- Domain Controller Installation Options
- Install a Server Core DC
- Manage Operations Masters
- Configure DFS-R Replication of SYSVOL
- Create an Additional DC with the Active Directory Domain Services Installation Wizard
- Add a Domain Controller from the Command Line
- Remove a Domain Controller
- Create a Domain Controller from Installation Media
- Perform Post-Installation Configuration on Server Core
- Create a Domain Controller with Server Core
- Identify Operations Masters
- Transfer Operations Masters Roles
- Observe the Replication of SYSVOL
- Prepare to Migrate to DFS-R
- Migrate SYSVOL Replication to DFS-R
- Verify DFS-R Replication of SYSVOL
- Identify the domain controller installation options.
- Install a Server Core DC.
- Manage operations masters.
- Configure DFS-R replication of SYSVOL.
This module explains how to create a distributed directory service that supports domain controllers in portions of your network that are separated by expensive, slow, or unreliable links.
- Configure Sites and Subnets
- Configure the Global Catalog and Application Partitions
- Configure Replication
- Configure the Default Site
- Create Additional Sites
- Configure a Global Catalog
- Configure Universal Group Membership
- Examine DNS and Application Directory Partitions
- Create a Connection Object
- Create Site Links
- Move Domain Controllers into Sites
- Designate a Preferred Bridgehead Server
- Configure Intersite Replication
- Configure sites and subnets.
- Configure the global catalog and application partitions.
- Configure replication.
This module explains about the technologies and tools that are available to help ensure the health and longevity of the directory service. You will explore tools that help you monitor performance in real time, and you will learn to log performance over time so that you can keep an eye on performance trends in order to spot potential problems.
- Monitor Active Directory
- Manage the Active Directory Database
- Active Directory Recycle Bin
- Back Up and Restore AD DS and Domain Controllers
- Monitor Real-Time Performance Using Task Manager and Resource Monitor
- Use Reliability Monitor and Event Viewer to Identify Performance-Related Events
- Monitor Events on Remote Computers with Event Subscriptions
- Attach Tasks to Event Logs and Events
- Monitor AD DS with Performance Monitor
- Work with Data Collector Sets
- Perform Database Maintenance
- Work with Snapshots and Recovering a Deleted User
- Enable Active Directory Recycle Bin
- Restore Deleted Objects with Active Directory Recycle Bin
- Back Up Active Directory
- Restore Active Directory and a Deleted OU
- Monitor Active Directory.
- Manage the Active Directory database.
- Describe the purpose of the Active Directory Recycle Bin.
- Back up and restore AD DS and domain controllers.
This module explains how to raise the domain and forest functionality levels within your environment, how to design the optimal AD DS infrastructure for your enterprise, how to migrate objects between domains and forests, and how to enable authentication and resources access across multiple domains and forests.
- Configure Domain and Forest Functional Levels
- Manage Multiple Domains and Trust Relationships
- Move Objects between Domains and Forests
- Configure Functional Levels and DNS
- Create a Trust Relationship
- Validate a Trust Relationship
- Assign Permissions to Trusted Identities
- Implement Selective Authentication
- Configure domain and forest functional levels.
- Manage multiple domains and trust relationships.
- Move objects between domains and forests.
To ensure the successful completion of this course, we recommend completion of one of the following courses, or equivalent knowledge:
- Basic understanding of networking
- Intermediate understanding of network operating systems
- An awareness of security best practices
- Basic knowledge of server hardware
- Some experience creating objects in Active Directory
- Basic concepts of backup and recovery in a Windows Server environment
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.