Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (MS-20412)
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Duration: 5
- Language: English
- 100% Satisfied or your money back
- Cancellation Free Schedule
- Version Upgrade Discount
- Corporate Resource Guarantee
- Software Assurance Value: 5
Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Network Load Balancing, Failover Clustering, business continuity and disaster recovery services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control (DAC), and Web Application Proxy integration with AD FS and Workplace Join.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, which is the third of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential. Note: Labs in this course are based on the General Availability release of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience implementing, managing and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to perform advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 environment. Candidates who would typically be interested in attending this course will be:
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 enterprise environment.
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the exam 412, Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services.
- IT Professionals wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Datacenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the MCSA exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
- Configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM) with Windows Server 2012.
- Configure and manage iSCSI, BranchCache and FSRM.
- Configure DAC to manage and audit access to shared files.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes locations.
- Implement and configure an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment.
- Implement an AD RMS deployment.
- Implement an AD FS deployment.
- Provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB).
- Implement and validate high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing NLB.
- Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
- Implement a failover cluster, and configure and validate a highly available network service.
- Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
- Implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements.
In this module students will be able to configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM).
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Features
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Implementing IPAM
- Managing IP Address Spaces with IPAM
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Settings
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Configuring IPAM
- Configure advanced features in DHCP with Windows Server 2012.
- Configure the advanced DNS settings in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement IP Address Management in Windows Server 2012.
In this module students will be able to configure file services to meet advanced business requirements.
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring BranchCache
- Optimizing Storage Usage
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring the File Classification Infrastructure
- Configuring the Main Office Servers for BranchCache
- Configuring the Branch Office Servers for BranchCache
- Configuring Client Computers for BranchCache
- Monitoring BranchCache
- Learn how to configure and manage iSCSI.
- Implement BranchCache using Windows Server 2012.
- Implement Windows Server 2012 features that optimize storage utilization.
In this module students will be able to configure Dynamic Access Control (DAC) to manage and audit access to shared files.
- Overview of DAC
- Implementing DAC Components
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing Access Denied Assistance
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
- Preparing for DAC deployment
- Implementing DAC
- Validating and Remediating DAC
- Implementing Work Folders
- Describe DAC.
- Implement and configure components of DAC.
- Implement DAC on file servers.
- Describe and implement access- denied assistance.
- Implement the integration of Work Folders with DAC.
In this module students will be able to plan and implement an Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.
- Overview of Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Deploying a Distributed AD DS Environment
- Configuring AD DS Trusts
- Implementing Child Domains in AD DS
- Implementing Forest Trusts
- Describe the components of a highly complex AD DS deployment.
- Implement a complex AD DS deployment.
- Configure AD DS trusts.
In this module students will be able to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple locations.
- AD DS Replication Overview
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
- Modifying the Default Site
- Creating Additional Sites and Subnets
- Configuring AD DS Replication
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting AD DS Replication
- Describe how replication works in a Windows Server 2012 AD DS environment.
- Configure AD DS sites in order to optimize AD DS network traffic.
- Configure and monitor AD DS replication.
In this module students will be able to implement an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment.
- Using Certificates in a Business Environment
- PKI Overview
- Deploying CAs
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
- Managing Certificate Recovery
- Deploying a Stand-alone Root CA
- Deploying an Enterprise Subordinate CA
- Configuring Certificate Templates
- Configuring Certificate Enrollment
- Configuring Certificate Revocation
- Configuring Key Recovery
- Describe and use certificates in business environments.
- Describe the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components and concepts, and describe the options for implementing a certification authority infrastructure.
- Plan and implement an AD CS certification authority infrastructure.
- Plan and implement a certificate template deployment using an AD CS certification authority.
- Plan and implement certificate distribution and revocation.
- Configure and manage key archival and recovery.
In this module students will be able to implement an AD RMS deployment.
- AD RMS Overview
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
- Installing and Configuring AD RMS
- Configuring AD RMS Templates
- Implementing the AD RMS Trust Policies
- Verifying the AD RMS Deployment
- Describe what AD RMS is, and how it can be used to achieve content protection.
- Deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure.
- Configure content protection using AD RMS.
- Enable users outside the organization to access content protected by using AD RMS.
In this module students will be able to implement an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) deployment.
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business-to-Business Federation Scenario
- Extending AD FS to External Clients
- Installing and Configuring AD FS
- Configuring an Internal Application for AD FS
- Configuring AD FS for a Federated Business Partner
- Configuring Web Application Proxy
- Describe the identity federation business scenarios and how AD FS can be used to address the scenarios.
- Configure the AD FS prerequisites and deploy the AD FS services.
- Implement AD FS to enable SSO in a single organization.
- Implement AD FS to enable SSO between federated partners.
- Implement the Web Application Proxy and describe WorkPlace Join integration with AD FS.
In this module students will be able to provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB).
- Overview of NLB
- Configuring an NLB Cluster
- Planning an NLB Implementation
- Implementing an NLB Cluster
- Configuring and Managing the NLB Cluster
- Validating High Availability for the NLB Cluster
- Describe how NLB works.
- Configure an NLB cluster.
- Plan an NLB implementation.
In this module students will be able to provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
- Failover Clustering Overview
- Implementing a Failover Cluster
- Configuring Highly Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Maintaining a Failover Cluster
- Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
- Configuring a Failover Cluster
- Deploying and Configuring a Highly Available File Server
- Validating the Deployment of the Highly Available File Server
- Configuring Cluster-Aware Updating on the Failover Cluster
- Explain failover clustering features in Windows Server 2012.
- Describe how to implement a failover cluster.
- Explain how to configure highly available applications and services on a failover cluster.
- Explain how to maintain a failover cluster and how to use new maintenance features.
- Describe how to implement multi-site failover cluster.
In this module students will be able to deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
- Overview of Integrating Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
- Managing Hyper-V Virtual Environments by Using VMM
- Configuring Hyper-V Replicas
- Configuring a Failover Cluster for Hyper-V
- Configuring a Highly Available Virtual Machine
- Explain options for making virtual machines highly available.
- Describe how to implement virtual machines in a failover cluster deployed on a host.
- Explain options for moving a virtual machine or its storage.
- Explain a high level overview of Microsoft System Center 2012- Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2012.
In this module students will be able to implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements.
- Data Protection Overview
- Implementing Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Server and Data Recovery
- Backing Up Data on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Server
- Restoring Files Using Windows Server Backup
- Describe the considerations that must be included when you are implementing a disaster recovery solution.
- Plan and implement a backup solution for Windows Server 2012.
- Plan and implement server and data recovery.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 servers day to day in an Enterprise environment.
The course pre-requisites can be met by having knowledge equivalent to, or by attendance at, courses 20410B: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 and 20411B: Administering Windows Server 2012 as this course will build upon the knowledge and skills covered in those courses.
Subject Matter Expert
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.