The course covers how to administer, configure and upgrade Linux systems running one of the three major Linux distribution families: Red Hat, SUSE, Debian/Ubuntu, how to master the tools and concepts you all need to efficiently build and manage an enterprise Linux infrastructure. It also covers how to use state-of-the-art system administration techniques in real-life scenarios via practical labs. This course prepares the user for the Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS) exam, which is also a required component of the MCSA: Linux on Azure Certification.
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform essential Linux commands such as installation, searches and manipulating files.
- Operate running Linux systems by managing the boot process, scheduling jobs, updating the system, monitoring system performance and managing security.
- Manage users and groups by adding/deleting/modifying, configuring LDAP and PAM, modifying user processes and resources.
- Ensure network performance via configuration, monitoring, tunnelling and routing of traffic.
- Configure services such as DNS, shares, SSH and SELinux/AppArmor as well as servers for DHCP and HTTP.
- Manage system storage by using partitions, logical volumes, phsyical volumes, ACLs, quotas and clustering.
System Startup and Shutdown
init: SystemV, Upstart, systemd
Linux Filesystem Tree Layout
Kernel Services and Configuration
Devices and udev
Partitioning and Formatting Disks
Linux Filesystems and the VFS
Filesystem Features: Attributes, Creating, Checking, Mounting
Filesystem Features: Swap, Quotas, Usage
The Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 Filesystems
The XFS and btrfs Filesystems
Logical Volume Management (LVM)
Local System Security
Linux Security Modules
I/O Monitoring and Tuning
Memory: Monitoring Usage and Tuning
Package Management Systems
User Account Management
File Permissions and Ownership
Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM)
Backup and Recovery Methods
Network Devices and Configuration
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.