Red Hat Server Hardening (RH413)
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Duration: 4
- Language: English
- Audience: Linux
Needs technical guidance on how to enhance the security of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
Responsible for implementing security policy requirements on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems consistently and in a reproducible, scalable way
Must be able to demonstrate that systems meet security policy requirements
Maintains continued adherence to security requirements, including management of security-critical operating system/software updates
RHCE-level skills highly recommended
- Review errata and apply them to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Use special permissions and file system access control lists
- Manage users and password-aging policy requirements
- Install and configure Red Hat Identity Management tools
- Understand system auditing
- Understand how Red Hat Enterprise Linux produces updates and how to use yum to perform queries to identify what errata are available.
- Develop a process for applying updates to systems including verifying properties of the update.
- Allocate an advanced file system layout and use file system encryption.
- Adjust file system properties through security related options and file system attributes.
- Work with set user ID (SUID), set group ID (SGID), and sticky (SVTX) permissions and locate files with these permissions enabled.
- Modify default permissions applied to files and directories; work with file access control lists.
- Configure software to monitor the files on your machine for changes.
- Set password-aging properties for users; audit user accounts.
- Apply changes to PAMs to enforce different types of rules on users.
- Adjust properties for various console services to enable or disable settings based on security.
- Install and configure a Red Hat Identity Management server and client.
- Configure Red Hat Identity Management rules to control both user access to client systems and additional privileges granted to users on those systems.
- Configure remote logging to use transport layer encryption and manage additional logs generated by remote systems.
- Enable and configure system auditing.
- Manage firewall rules to limit connectivity to network services.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certification, or equivalent experience required
- For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA or RHCE certifications, confirmation of the required knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment
Subject Matter Expert
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.