RH124 Red Hat Linux System Administration
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
IT professionals across a broad range of disciplines who need to perform essential Linux administration tasks including installation, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration.
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Learning how to install and configure software components and services
- Establishing network connections and firewall access
- Monitoring and managing processes
- Managing and securing files
- Administrating users and groups
- Accessing Linux file systems
- Installing and using virtualized systems
- Reviewing the system log files and journal
- Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files from the bash shell prompt.
- Resolve problems by using online help systems and Red Hat support utilities.
- Create, view, and edit text files from command output or in an editor.
- Manage local Linux users and groups, and administer local password policies.
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
- Obtain information about the system, and control processes running on it.
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd
- Access and provide access to the command line on remote systems securely using OpenSSH
- Locate and accurately interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
- Configure basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Archive files and copy them from one system to another.
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
- Access and inspect existing file systems on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
- Create and use Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines with KVM and libvirt.
- Practice and demonstrate the knowledge and skills learned in this course.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course; however, previous operating system administration experience will be very beneficial.
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.