SSE1G IBM Storwize V7000 Implementation Workshop
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Duration: 32
This course is designed to leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence - the IBM Storwize V7000 - to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. The focus is on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the IBM Storwize V7000 into the storage area network. It exploits both internal storage of the IBM Storwize V7000 as well as SAN attached external heterogeneous storage to centralize storage provisioning to both Fibre Channel and iSCSI host servers from common storage pools. It also explains how to:
- Improve storage utilization effectiveness using thin provisioning and Real-time Compression
- Implement storage tiering and optimize solid-state drive (SSD) usage with Easy Tier
- Address backup recovery point objectives and recovery time objectives with FlashCopy technology
- Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from a non-virtualized to a virtualized environment
- Scale-out with a clustered Storwize V7000 system for capacity, throughput, and greater management efficiency
Note: This course covers the Storwize V7000 product but does not cover the features of the Storwize V7000 Unified or Flex System V7000 Storage Node. The features of the Storwize V7000 Unified product are covered in course IBM Storwize V7000 Unified Implementation Workshop (SSG00).
PrerequisitesYou should have completed:
- Introduction to Storage Networking (SN700) or
- Storage Area Networking Fundamentals (SN712)or have equivalent knowledge
- Have a basic understanding of concepts associated with open systems, disk storage systems, and I/O operations.
This intermediate course is for individuals who assess or plan to deploy the IBM Storwize V7000 and leverage storage network virtualization solutions.
- Set up and configure the Storwize V7000
- Install and cable expansion enclosures
- Create RAID arrays using internal Storwize V7000 storage and manage drive use attributes
- Define and manage storage pools using internal Storwize V7000 storage as well as SAN attached external storage
- Update zoning policies to enable the Storwize V7000 to access SAN attached external storage and provision storage to host servers
- Utilize Storwize V7000 management interfaces to support the networked storage environment, assign storage to servers, migrate data, replicate data across attaching storage systems, and monitor storage access activities
- Take advantage of storage efficiency solutions including thin provisioning, volume mirroring, Real-time Compression, and Easy Tier
- Migrate existing data to the virtualized Storwize V7000 environment
- Implement point-in-time copies across internal and external storage using FlashCopy GUI presets
- Utilize Easy Tier to optimize the usage of solid-state drives (SSDs)
- Unit 1: Introduction to IBM Storwize V7000 Unit 2: Enclosures and RAID arrays
- Lab 1: Storwize V7000 System initial configuration through Service Assistant Lab 2: Storwize V7000 System and GUI/CLI access setup
- Lab 3: Physical storage: Internal Lab 4: Physical storage: External Lab 5: Storage pools: External
- Lab 6: Create host objects and volumes
- Unit 3: Fabric zoning, iSCSI, and clustered Storwize V7000
- Unit 4: Thin provisioning, volume mirroring, and Real-time Compression Lab 7: Access storage from Windows and AIX
- Lab 8: Hybrid pools and Easy Tier
- Lab 9: Access Storwize V7000 through iSCSI host Lab 10: Volume dependencies and tier migration
- Unit 5: Data migration facilities
- Unit 6: Copy services: FlashCopy and Remote Copy Lab 11: Internal storage: RAID options
- LLab 12: Thin provisioning and volume mirroring Lab 13: Real-time Compression
- Unit 7: Easy Tier
- Unit 8: Managing the IBM Storwize V7000 Lab 14: Data migration Import Wizard
- Lab 15: FlashCopy and consistency groups
- Lab 16: Easy Tier and STAT analysis
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.