z/OS System Operators - ES27G
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
To provide an overview of the z Operating System (OS), look at the systems from both a hardware and software prospective, and develop a basic understanding of System z partitioning capabilities, Processor Resource/Systems Manager (PR/SM), z/OS, Job Entry Subsystem 2 (JES2), Job Entry Subsystem 3 (JES3), Time Sharing Option (TSO), TSO Extended (TSO/E), System Display and Search Facility (SDSF), z/OS Communications Server, and System z channel subsystem usage for various channels, such as Enterprise System Connection (ESCON), Fiber Connector (FICON), and the Open Systems Adapter (OSA). It will also describe the Initial Program Loader (IPL) process and enable you to become comfortable issuing z/OS commands from a Multi Console Support (MCS) system console or extended MCS console.
This basic course is for IT personnel with little or no theoretical background of z/OS and little or no general practical in IS experience.
- Unit 1: Review of System z servers and z/OS
- Unit 2: z/OS MVS commands
- Labs 1, 2, and 3
- Unit 3: JES and TSO
- Unit 4: z/OS data sets
- Labs 4, 5, and 6
- Unit 5: z/OS consoles operation
- Labs 7, 8, and 9
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.