The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) regulates all modes of transportation in the U.S. including highway, rail, air, and water and is especially concerned with hazardous materials. As part of its regulations, DOT requires general awareness training for all HAZMAT employees. This course provides a general overview of hazardous materials transportation and provides a foundation for more detailed job-specific training for HAZMAT employees. After taking this course, employees will be able to recognize DOT hazard classes and packing groups, identify containers certified for hazardous materials shipment, interpret DOT container markings, labels and placards, recognize critical information on shipping papers and recognize safe and unsafe loading and unloading procedures. General awareness of DOT regulatory scheme, sections from 49 CFR 171.180, (172.704) (172.101)
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Get a general overview of hazardous materials transportation
- Identify containers certified for hazardous materials shipment
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.