Complete Missouri Pre-Licensing Coursework Online
The Missouri Real Estate Commission (MREC) requires a total of 72 hours of real estate education with an approved provider (like us!) before you submit your salesperson license application.
Missouri allows you 6 months to complete the application process, though the clock doesn't start until you finish your first course.
Take the 48-hour Pre-Examination Course Before Your State Exam
The first step is to take a 48-hour Missouri Real Estate Salesperson Pre-Examination course. The pre-exam course covers the topics you'll need to pass the state's licensing exam:
- Agency Relationships and Contracts
- Real Property Ownership and Land Use
- Real Property Description and Valuation
- Marketing Regulations
- Property Management
- Real Estate Calculations
- Missouri License Law
Prep for and Pass the Missouri Salesperson License Exam
Since you have 6 months to complete all licensing steps after you pass your Pre-Exam course, we recommend you take your license exam as soon as you feel ready.
Both of our Missouri Pre-License packages include exam practice. You'll take a test covering the same subject matter using a similar question format, so you can check your knowledge and gauge your exam readiness.
Take the 24-Hour MREP Course
The other portion of your pre-license education in Missouri is the 24-hour Missouri Real Estate Practice (MREP) course. It teaches you what you need to know for the day-to-day activities of being a real estate agent, like:
- Fiduciary Duties
- The Creation and Termination of Agency Relationship
- Avoiding Misrepresentation
- Listing Property
- Seller Agency Agreements
- Buyer Representation
- Dual Agents and Transaction Brokers
- Compensation, Cooperation, and Antitrust Issues
- Appraisal Process, Principles, and Methods
- The Competitive Market Analysis
- Home Construction and Inspection
- The Real Estate Cycle
- The Primary Market and the Role of the Secondary Market
- Financial Instruments
- The Loan Process, Types of Loans (FHA, VA, ARM), and Alternative Financing
- Home Equity Mortgages
- Predatory Lending
- Earnest Money and Escrow Accounts
- Introduction to Contracts and their Elements
- Contract Interpretation and Modification
- Contract Performance and Discharge
- Contract Breach
You have to take MREP after your pre-exam course, but MREC doesn't care if you take it before or after the state exam itself.
We recommend afterward, so you can focus on one curriculum at a time.
Which Pre-License Package is Right For You?
We have two different packages for purchasing your MREC-approved pre-license courses, depending on your personal preferences.
Our "Basic" Package only contains what you need to take the Missouri Salesperson License Exam. You'll get the 48-hour pre-exam course, as well as the practice exam we talked about. The Basic Package is a good choice if you don't want to commit money to MREP before you pass your state exam. It's also a good option for out-of-state license seekers who don't need to take MREP.
Our "Premium" Package contains all 72 hours of coursework you need to earn your license (plus the extra practice exam). You'll save money in the long run if you opt for the Premium Package – it's cheaper to buy everything at once, rather than buying the MREP course later.