Complete Texas SAE Coursework Online
The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) first renewal requires a total of 270 qualifying real estate course hours. If you obtained your license by submitting 180 hours of qualifying courses, you will need an additional 90 hours of elective SAE courses, plus 4 hours each of Legal Update I and Legal Update II courses. Sales agents who have been made a supervisor by their broker must also take the 6-hour Broker Responsibility course to renew.
Our TREC-approved SAE courses are entirely conducted online – no need to commute to school. You can work through your courses at your own pace, on your own schedule.
Pass Your Proctored Final Exams (From Home!)
SAE courses must have a proctored final exam. TREC wants these tests to be administered by a third party to ensure there's no cheating. Usually, this involves an in-person test with an eligible proctor. You can take your exams that way if you prefer.
But for an additional fee, we offer a 100% online and on-demand TREC-approved recorded proctoring solution That allows you to take your SAE finals whenever you want, as long as you have a camera, microphone, and internet connection.
- The employees at official testing or learning/tutoring centers;
- Librarians at a school, university, or public library;
- College or university administrators, faculty, or academic advisors;
- Clergy who are affiliated with a specific temple, synagogue, mosque, or church; and
- Educational officers of a military installation or correctional facility.
- An authorized notary.
- Members of the court system – Judge, justice of the peace, magistrates, and prosecutors.
- Law Enforcement Officers – Sergeant, lieutenant, or captain
Complete Your First License Renewal
Once you've passed each final, you'll get a certificate of completion. You can take your renewal courses any time in your first two years – just make sure you file copies of your certificates where you can find them.
You can't begin the renewal process until you receive your renewal notice. TREC will send this out 90 days before your expiration date.