Complete Texas SAE Coursework Online
The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) requires 90 hours of SAE courses before your first renewal as a licensed sales agent. On top of this, you need the 8 hours of Texas Legal Updates that are mandatory for all renewals. Please note, if you're managing a team of sales associates, you will also be required to take the 6 hours broker responsibility course.
Our TREC-approved SAE courses are entirely conducted online – no need to commute to school. You can work through your courses at your own pace, on your own schedule.
Pass Your Proctored Final Exams (From Home!)
SAE courses must have a proctored final exam. TREC wants these tests to be administered by a third party to ensure there's no cheating. Usually, this involves an in-person test with an eligible proctor. You can take your exams that way if you prefer.
But for an additional fee, we offer a 100% online and on-demand TREC-approved recorded proctoring solution. That lets you to take your SAE finals whenever you want, as long as you have a camera, microphone, and internet connection.
- The employees at official testing or learning/tutoring centers;
- Librarians at a school, university, or public library;
- College or university administrators, faculty, or academic advisors;
- Clergy who are affiliated with a specific temple, synagogue, mosque, or church; and
- Educational officers of a military installation or correctional facility.
- An authorized notary.
- Members of the court system – Judge, justice of the peace, magistrates, and prosecutors.
- Law Enforcement Officers – Sergeant, lieutenant, or captain
Complete Your First License Renewal
Once you've passed each final, you'll get a certificate of completion. You can take your renewal courses any time in your first two years – just make sure you file copies of your certificates where you can find them.
You can't begin the renewal process until you receive your renewal notice. TREC will send this out 90 days before your expiration date.
Your course completion documents must be submitted to TREC at least 10 days before you send your license renewal application. If your course documents aren't already in TREC's system, your application won't be accepted. Unlike normal continuing education, TREC won't let you defer SAE courses.