10 Frequently Asked Questions Every Agent Should Know
Real estate agents field tons of questions because people hire them for their expertise. Sellers want knowledgeable brokers to market and sell their property, and buyers want confident agents negotiating the best deal. For client interviews, be prepared with persuasive answers to common questions, which will boost your confidence and impress buyers and sellers. Go in ready to answer these questions: 1. How much can I get for my house? Researching and advising on the listing price is one of the main reasons home sellers hire agents. Come to the listing presentation with information on homes in the area, the local real estate market, and recent sales prices of similar properties. Also, be prepared to offer suggestions for price-boosting improvements. 2. How will you market my property? Explain the typical channels you use to advertise listings, play up internet marketing, and mention a few unique techniques you’ve used. Layout the process and tools involved such as the MLS, open houses, social media, and virtual tours. 3. Why should I hire you over other agents? This is the core of your marketing campaign, so you should have the answer ready to go. Remember to brag about:
- Local knowledge and experience
- Years in business
- Specialties and types of transactions
- Number of transactions closed
- List-to-price ratio
- Days on the market
- Great deals you negotiated
- Industry awards
- Inspection contingencies allow them to back out with their earnest money in the case of an unsatisfactory home inspection.
- Appraisal contingencies let them withdraw if the appraised value is significantly less than the selling price.
- Financing contingencies allow buyers to pull out if they fail to secure the financing they need.