We all know the hassles and expenses of working outside the home: traffic, child care, work clothes, gas, meals, etc. These are just a few of the reasons why a home-based career is so attractive. Not only can you wear comfortable clothes to work, you can be at home with your kids or other family members. But what are some good options for those interested in working from home? Here are 5 to consider:
1. Medical Billing and/or Coding – According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job market for medical records and health information technicians will grow at a rate of 15% through the year 2024. Medical billing experts can expect to earn around $17.84 per hour or $37,110 per year. Medical billing experts organize and manage health information data, code and categorize patient information for insurance reimbursement.
2. Medical Transcription – medical transcriptionists can expect to earn a similar salary to medical records specialists. These individuals listen to voice recordings that physicians and other healthcare workers make and convert them into written reports. They may also review and edit medical documents created using speech recognition technology.
3. Customer Service Representative – Customer service reps interact with customers to handle complaints, process orders and provide information about an organization’s products and services. The job outlook for customer service representatives is expected to grow by about 10% in coming years. The median salary for this position according to BLS is $15.25 per hour.
4. Legal Transcriptionist – These individuals transcribe recordings for lawyers or other law professionals. A career as a legal transcriptionist is a good fit for those interested in grammar, legal terminology, typing and listening. According to BLS, the median salary for this occupation is $23.80 per hour.
5. Nutritionist – Many nutritionists work from home on a contract or freelance basis. Generally, nutritionists advise people on what to eat in order to live a healthy lifestyle. If you are interested in the science of food and nutrition, a career as a nutritionist may be a good fit. According to the BLS, nutritionists can earn as much as $27.84 per hour.
Think any of these occupations might be a good opportunity for you? Check out the Career Training Programs available today!