The Lone Star State is home to several cities on recent hot real estate market lists. So, Texas real estate agents need to stay on their toes to be competitive.
How Do You Become a Better Real Estate Agent?
To become a great agent, incorporate these habits into your practice:
- Excellent listening: A huge part of effective communication is listening. Active listening ensures you get all the relevant information and shows clients you really care.
- Plan for success: Draft a plan for how you will achieve your goals and the resources you’ll need.
- Always be learning: Strive to learn as much as you can about your target customers, the local market, sales processes, trends, and laws.
- Leverage systems and technology: Set up systems for everything you do and use technology juggle it all.
- Network and referrals: Constantly engage with your sphere of influence (i.e., people you know) to establish yourself as a local expert and generate leads.
- Emphasize the local angle: Housing markets are affected by the local economy and demographics. Improving and highlighting your knowledge and experience in the community will make you more attractive to customers.
How Can You Develop an Effective Marketing Strategy?
Here are few things to keep in mind when you’re setting up your marketing campaign:
- Business Pages: Set up and update your business pages on Yelp, Zillow, Facebook, Google+ etc.
- Responsive web site: Create an effective, multi-dimensional real estate web site that’s mobile compatible.
- Email: Build and maintain an email list. Create an email newsletter with tips, news, and photos.
- Ask for referrals: After the conclusion of a successful sale, ask happy clients for referrals.
- Blogs: This is a great way to establish yourself as a local real estate expert. Write about the local market and the ins and outs of the sale process.
- Social media: Social media is a standard prong in most marketing plans. Promote your listings, web site, blogs, and events. Remember to include great photos. You can also check these 5 tips for Facebook marketing for real estate agents.
How Do You Get More Clients?
Remember what’s important: the clients’ needs. Whether it’s a 140-character tweet or a 1,000-word blog post, focus on what the customer wants and needs. If you give outstanding service to one client, and follow up, he or she is likely to recommend you to people looking for an agent. Recommendations from friends and family are often how consumers hear about agents.
The best way to get more clients is consistent, persistent prospecting online and in the community. Get involved, meet new people, hand out your business card, and gather email addresses.