Benefits of Being OHSAS 18001 Certified
OHSAS 18001 is a global standard for health and safety in an organization. Getting certification allows employers to incorporate regulations for the wellbeing of their employees via policies and manuals according to a framework set by the standard. These are recognized as living documents that are reviewed, revised, and improved as needed. This standard offers a range of benefits that can help companies meet their revenue goals without compromising their workforce. For example, it helps to:
- Prevent accidents
- Give the business a competitive advantage
- Make the business more productive
- Protect against legal action
- Reassure customers and stakeholders
Introduction to OHSAS 18001 by 360TrainingHealth and safety concerns impact all businesses irrespective of the industry they belong to. By implementing OHSAS 18001, your company can create a safe environment for your workforce that can reduce accidents, downtime, and litigation. 360Training offers a comprehensive course that can help business owners and HR professionals manage their OHS responsibilities effectively and integrate them into business operations easily. The course focuses on OHSAS 18001 and teaches the following aspects of the standard:
- The basics of the health and safety standards as per Occupational Health and Safety Management.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge regarding OHSAS 18001.
- Understand the benefits of the standard and how it affects business
- Understand the connection between OHSAS 14001, 18001 and ISO 9001.
- OHSMS or Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and their benefits
- Effects of OHSMS on a business and its operations
- The OHSAS 18001 series
- How to implement health and safety standards and their benefits
- Implementation of OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001, and 14001.
- Documentation and auditing of incidents
- How to control and assess risks
- The role of OHSMS in an organization
- Responsibility structure in OHSMS