How to Choose the Right Real Estate Broker in Arizona
When you hire on with a real estate brokerage firm, you’re joining a team. The culture, mission, and reputation has a big effect on your success, as well as the advice and incentives the broker offers. Click To TweetDon’t take this choice lightly. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right real estate broker.
- Look at the numbers: First, calculate your likely expenses and your income needs and consider you training needs. This will help you compare the commission splits, support, and services of different firms.
- Location and specialty: Some brokers specialize in specific towns and neighborhoods, properties, trends, and clients. Do you want to focus on buyer representation, seller representation, single-family homes, commercial real estate, condos?
- Visit several firms: Research brokers, check their sales numbers, client reviews, and marketing materials. If you’re impressed by a firm, buyers and sellers will be too.
- Interview agents: Talk to agents from various firms and ask questions about the broker, the atmosphere, and what it’s like to work there. Pay attention to their attitude and mood.
- Desirable traits: Ideally, you’ll want a firm with:
- Up-to-date facilities in a good location
- Professional marketing materials
- Clerical support
- Impressive reputation
- Well-established in the area
- Individualized attention
- Narrow the choice: Cut your choice down to a few impressive brokers and gather and review pertinent information about each firm. Call and ask if they’re interviewing new agents.
- Important info: Consider factors such as training, commission splits, bonuses and incentives, desk fees, lead generation, expectations, clerical support, and floor duty.
- Great relationship: Interview your top choices and then reflect on the rapport you had. Eliminate brokers who aren’t committed to mentoring their agents. Is it easy to imagine developing a beneficial relationship as you grow in the industry?
- Choose wisely: Which broker and firm is the right fit for you and what you want to do? Which broker will provide the tools and support for you to succeed? These are the two main factors in who you’ll choose.