Get a Fulfilling Energy Career as a Veteran
Are you transitioning your career from active military service to the civilian workforce? The Department of Energy values the skills, experience, and dedication of America’s veterans. That’s why it is committed to providing federal job opportunities to qualified individuals who have served in the military! To help improve your chances of getting that coveted job offer in the energy sector, we’ve compiled a few tips on our latest blog: Tip # 1: Know which federal positions you may qualify for. First and foremost, you must be suitable to the federal positions that you are applying for. How do you know if you qualify based on your military experience, skills or education? Visit the Military Skills Translator Tool. It will help you to:
- Cross-reference the list of federal positions that are related to your military occupation.
- Get links to current job vacancies in the applicable field that you are interested in.
- Narrow down your job search based on other criteria or specific locations.
- The job seeker did not submit a federal resume (which is more detailed than a resume for the private sector).
- The resume did not relate the keywords on the duty description to the applicant’s knowledge or abilities.
- Operation Warfighter Program
- Army Wounded Warrior Program (AW2)
- Solar Energy Job-Training Pilot Program for Veterans
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program