Before a tank is cleaned, several things are determined:
- Exterior condition of the tank
- Signs and degree of deterioration, such as corrosion
- Visible evidence of debris in the interior tank
- Thickening of contents to sludge consistency
- Reduction in exterior and interior tank wall integrity
Share this image on your site by copying the codes below
With today’s high tech equipment, reducing worker danger during tank cleaning led to using industrial robots to clean tanks. These are used in combination with virtual reality equipment that allows a worker to guide a robot through the cleaning process. Although this is relatively new technology, OSHA provides compliance guidelines for use of industrial robots.