Investigating a workplace incident begins by determining the origin, location and time the incident occurred. The severity of a workplace incident includes:
- Verbal or physical conflicts that escalate between employees or employer and employee
- Workplace accidents and/or fatalities
- Customer/business altercations that becomes violent
- Unexpected entrance into a workplace by a threatening outsider
- Workplace health hazards such as malfunctioning equipment or chemical spills
Share this image on your site by copying the codes below
The Proper Method for Conducting an Investigation of a Workplace Incident
Employers should be prepared at the time of the startup of their business to design and develop a format they can use in the event of a workplace incident.
Online training programs for employers and employees are available at: https://www.360training.com
OSHA 30 General Industry guidelines assist employers who need to know how to investigate a workplace incident.