Successful real estate agents have one thing in common – they know the market inside and out at any given time or they know where to find answers. Click To Tweet If you want to make it as a professional in this industry, you need to understand the following about the market:
- The basic principles that shape the economy of an area
- Where to acquire market specific date to ensure you have access to up to date information
- How to use that data to benefit clients
In other words, you need to become an expert in the local market to attract and retain clients. If you are new to the profession, this might seem daunting at first. However, by understanding the market as it stands you can improve chances of your success significantly and shape how you deal with sellers. They are the ones who have the most to lose if they sell in an unfavorable market. Here are some real estate marketing tips to live by.
There are some signs that can indicate the market is on the rise. Here are some of them you can tell your sellers:
The job market recovers
If a neighbor starts getting up in the morning to go to work after months of hiatus, that means they finally got a job. When people start returning to work, that means the unemployment rate has dropped which in turn means the house market is improving.
Properties are sold rapidly
If there are a number of For Sale signs in front of homes in an area, that means there aren’t enough buyers and the market is slow. Excess inventories can also reduce sale prices which is bad for your sellers. If those signs start disappearing rapidly though, that means the market is recovering and you can tell your client to sell.
Distressed sales go into decline
You know the market is turning around when there is a reduction in the number of foreclosed or short sale properties. This situation comes about when sellers are confident enough to feel that they can place their houses on the market and still turn a profit.
All of the abovementioned strategies can be used to collect invaluable data that can result in big payoffs for you. For instance you can use it to:
- Determine market performance and see how many agents are performing against you along with their experience levels and how you rank against them. You will also be able to gain valuable insight into financial goals and other objectives.
- Understand market conditions by understanding how it is driving the seller’s market. That way you can keep your client informed and meet their expectations as well.
- Offer better advice to clients such as an informed evaluation of a listed property and help them make profitable decisions. This will help you grow your business.
- Compete against other real estate investments in the area by determining how much buyers are willing to offer on a property beforehand. This can be gleaned through MLS along with the age of the average listing and what percentage is actually selling. This also includes active segments of the marketing and home features that buyers are looking for.
Washington 30 Hour Complete CE Renewal Package #1
If you are a real estate agent in Washington who has hit a dead end in their career or need to renew a license, you need to take up CE courses ASAP. The Washington 30 Hour Complete CE Renewal Package #1 from 360Training.com covers 3 hours of essential course work that are required for the renewal exam.
The course covers basic knowledge, skills and techniques you need to clear the courses as per your convenience. All of the courses can be taken online and are self paced so you can take them when you need to.
Some of the topics covered include Washington license law, contracts, qualifying buyer and seller properties, human land use, water resources, current issues in real estate in Washington, real estate mathematics etc.
Just choose the course you need from the choices available to you and become a real estate agent who can compete with the best of them. Sign up for one today.